cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF RTX 3090 OC better bios request

kheopstr
Level 7
i just want to say this time tuf series truely maden great. This card has a good air cooler and it would handle more than 375 power limit.

All the other partners of nvidia has going to release new bioses with more power limit. i am sure of that tuf users also wants to hear new bios with more power limits.

Please attention of this request.
regards.
9 REPLIES 9

Wrathier
Level 7
I totally agree.

Even the flimsy Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC Plastic card has a 390W bios.

This card should also have a 390W or 400W bios with ease.

Can you please fix this ASUS, as the only solution right now is to use the Gigabyte bios and that is just annoying.

Thanks.

morph_
Level 11
kheopstr wrote:
i just want to say this time tuf series truely maden great. This card has a good air cooler and it would handle more than 375 power limit.

All the other partners of nvidia has going to release new bioses with more power limit. i am sure of that tuf users also wants to hear new bios with more power limits.

Please attention of this request.
regards.

This would be silly as there would be nothing to differentiate it with the strix cards other than aesthetics.

EVGA only did this with their FTW3 Cards only.

Yesterday i bought strix oc version of 3090. Now i have two cards first of all i need to say the gaming performance difference not be noticable.
Some reason tuf is better than strix such as fans speed noise levels and heat levels. Tuf cards as much as gets 70c degreeses. you can overclock it take the PL to max nothing changes temps are stable not goes higher than 70c . i only complained about core clocks spikes so frequently.

For strix oc i can say has a little better performance than tuf except on benchmarks. some synthetics benchmarks calculating the power consumption and then gives you a better score. But this scores meaningless when you are in game. Getting this higher scores have wages of heat, annoying crayz fan speeeds, high temperatures and more power consumptions. thats all! Even though I won't use tuf anymore i am on the same suggestion tuf needs a little high power limits such as 390-400 watt.

Undertoker
Level 9
I’d also like to see a better bios power limit for my Strix*
Ideally at least 500w*
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

Hello @Asus we all know your tuff series of cards is capable of more power over the 2 x PCI 8 Pin connectors with many other cards in the past pulling well over what your allowing for these cards.

Currently I own a Tuf 3090 and am constantly no hitting the power limit with no overclock at all which is causing the cards clocks to fluctuate drastically and thus a lower average fps in nearly every game.

I see on the forums many many many people are currently flashing your cards with other vendor bios regardless of the fact that they are loosing display ports or HDMI ports just to enable 390w power limit which we know is still very much within the realm of safty for 2 x pci 8pin connectors.

Please can we have at least a 400w power limit for these tuf cards as its a mammoth amount of money for a 3090 tuf oc edition for it to be hitting its own power limit out of the box none stop and fluctuating by over 100 mhz sometimes more.

If your Tuf 3090 card has a more robust power delivery system than other vendors and they are still on a minimum beating your allowed power limit we need to feel some love asus PLEASE.

IronBeardKnight wrote:

I see on the forums many many many people are currently flashing your cards with other vendor bios regardless of the fact that they are loosing display ports or HDMI ports just to enable 390w power limit

Your sun glasses they are damaged, who told you that BIOS this is about performance enhancements?
Who told you that NVIDIA GPUs they simile with the simplicity of a bicycle about hacking the rear sprockets ?
This forum it is about User to User support, and therefore you are not talking with any ASUS Engineer, they are busy in their real work at the factory.

Kiriakos-GR wrote:
Your sun glasses they are damaged, who told you that BIOS this is about performance enhancements?
Who told you that NVIDIA GPUs they simile with the simplicity of a bicycle about hacking the rear sprockets ?
This forum it is about User to User support, and therefore you are not talking with any ASUS Engineer, they are busy in their real work at the factory.

Your best bet is to just hope people like us keep coming and making a noise about how we would like a new bios. Hopefully someone will then take notice!
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

purecain wrote:
Your best bet is to just hope people like us keep coming and making a noise about how we would like a new bios. Hopefully someone will then take notice!

I have NEWS for you and every one else with the same dream ... NVIDIA this is the maker of BIOS code and ASUS can simply adjusts fan speed , temperature , memory latency at their own cards.

ASchiavi
Level 7
+1 Please!
Why be the worst performing brand?