cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help ASUS GL502V Battery Problem

tzw0perator
Level 7
Alright, so very weird issue here.
some time ago, the battery self destructed over night and the laptop wouldnt turn on. i took it apart, took out the battery, hooked it up to power directly and it would work - temporarily. if it rebooted, it wouldnt turn back on for 2-3 days even when disconnecting the battery completely and bypassing it via power. did the power button thing to discharge multiple times - no change. i went ahead and bought an OEM battery and put it in. the laptop still shows an orange light, not recognizing the battery and showing the same behavioral issues. the laptop will charge and use the battery tho (shows charging when turned on, will stay powered on when disconnecting power) yet still not work unless i let it sit for a day after i powered it up (assuming purging leftover power?)
any input on this? im starting to hit a wall here 😕
4 REPLIES 4

handokovska
Level 7
it seems the sensor for battery have problems... have you try to see battery capacity via BIOS by pressing F2 at boot...?
try install this ASUS Battery Health Charging https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032726/
It will help the battery life span too. Once my GL702 always 100% fully charging and it got swollen and gave some strange effect on touchpad, keyboard.
now, i set it only to 60% capacity for max life span.

handokovska wrote:
it seems the sensor for battery have problems... have you try to see battery capacity via BIOS by pressing F2 at boot...?
try install this ASUS Battery Health Charging https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032726/
It will help the battery life span too. Once my GL702 always 100% fully charging and it got swollen and gave some strange effect on touchpad, keyboard.
now, i set it only to 60% capacity for max life span.

sounds familiar, considering the numpad side of my keyboard isnt working properly ever since this happened. i went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the battery drivers, but didnt change much. i went ahead and reset bios back to factory last week, but that didnt help much either. ill try that, and see if it works. i really appreciate the input!

Blake1
Level 10
Hello tzw0perator ,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello tzw0perator ,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

thats exactly what im trying to avoid, considering the exorbitant amounts of money you charge just to send it in 😕