cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-E 4.0 x16 ROG Riser Cable

POSTREALITY
Level 7
Hello ROG-lovers!
Do you have any insights information? Soon, ROG will start selling the RTX 3000 series. These video cards are based on the PCI-E 4.0 x16 bus.
There is a ROG Riser Cable on sale now, but it only supports PCI-E 3.0 x16.
Is ROG planning to create a ROG Riser Cable PCI-E 4.0 x16 for the RTX 3000 series graphics cards?
I really want to install the new video card vertically in my ROG Helios.
Many thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

DjDerex
Level 7
POSTREALITY wrote:
Hello ROG-lovers!
Do you have any insights information? Soon, ROG will start selling the RTX 3000 series. These video cards are based on the PCI-E 4.0 x16 bus.
There is a ROG Riser Cable on sale now, but it only supports PCI-E 3.0 x16.
Is ROG planning to create a ROG Riser Cable PCI-E 4.0 x16 for the RTX 3000 series graphics cards?
I really want to install the new video card vertically in my ROG Helios.
Many thanks!

Hello, i was wondering the same thing, i have a rog strix RTX 3090 and rog maximus xiii pcie 4.0 motherboard with i9-11900k cpu. I want to install the gpu vertically, is there any pcie 4.0 riser cable available for sale ? did a google search but haven't found anything so i can trust . Did you found out ?

DjDerex wrote:
Hello, i was wondering the same thing, i have a rog strix RTX 3090 and rog maximus xiii pcie 4.0 motherboard with i9-11900k cpu. I want to install the gpu vertically, is there any pcie 4.0 riser cable available for sale ? did a google search but haven't found anything so i can trust . Did you found out ?

Hi, Friend!
I have seen LINKUP cables, but when building a ROG assembly, I do not want to use third-party cables at all, the manufacturers of which I do not trust.
My ROG components cost me more than $8000, I don't want to break them with a low-quality cable.
Therefore, I will put my gpu vertically only when ASUS release the official cable. While this cable is not there, I will install my ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING horizontally.
Good luck!

POSTREALITY wrote:
Hi, Friend!
I have seen LINKUP cables, but when building a ROG assembly, I do not want to use third-party cables at all, the manufacturers of which I do not trust.
My ROG components cost me more than $8000, I don't want to break them with a low-quality cable.
Therefore, I will put my gpu vertically only when ASUS release the official cable. While this cable is not there, I will install my ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING horizontally.
Good luck!

Strange that they have not come out with PCI-E 4.0 cable yet. I also want to set my Asus 3090 vertically, cause I heard someone said that the fan rattleing at 75% is gone or reduced when vertically mounted. But I guess I have to wait.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
There are one or two available on the market, however they do come at a price. You’d need to weigh up how crucial it is given the small performance delta. One of the companies is LINKUP.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
There are one or two available on the market, however they do come at a price. You’d need to weigh up how crucial it is given the small performance delta. One of the companies is LINKUP.

Being LINKUP is the only company claiming they have one of the only 4.0 Cables lacking the “Certifiedâ€� tag really makes me question if they are only boasting this to sell cables hoping people will buy them since it’s a niche and very competitive market. Asus cables look nearly exact and cost the same yet don’t attach any claim lf 4.0 compatibility.Â*

I’ve run into the BSOD and Black post screens because of a riser cable on my 3090 and it was all due to the cable.
Right now I think people will have to choose wether they want to sacrifice bus speed for looks or utilizing the port to it’s full potential by mounting the card straight to the board. For myself i’m going with board mount to eliminate all possibility of data issue and crashing over a cable. Until they have an actual “Certified 4.0â€� speed cable people should remain with standard mounting unless they really want the look factor with side mounting their video card. Â*
Â*

Sorry for this late reply, the certified tag is definatly needed. PCI-E 3.0 does not run stable, i used 2 different brands of 3.0 riser cables and my graphics froze. The PCI-E 4.0 is really tight on timings.

Since I am over to ASUS ROG again i thought i checked on the forums and the ROG site if there is a new type of ROG Riser Cable, i guess not. I think I will go for the Hyte Cable in that case, they seem pretty solid and got some good reviews too.

Hopefully Asus will invest again on these nice accessories.