cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000 router not allowing wifi printing.

MarkJohnson
Level 9
I have had this issue a few months now that I can't print to my wifi printer. I have setup through WPS and windows sees the printer, but I can't select the printer to actually print. I even used the HP smart app to discover the printer and nothing.

I look at devices and it says the printer is on 192.168.1.XX, but my router is configured as 192.168.50.XX and I think that it maybe can't cross over for some reason.

I even manually setup my printer to 192.168.50.xx and my system still won't print.

If I connect my old Asus router (RT-AC66U) of 192.168.1.xx, then it prints just fine.

I assume something in the AX11000 router is blocking it, or this 192.168.50.xx is messing with it.

Any help in setting this up would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

MarkJohnson
Level 9
Here's more specific error message:

From the "Printers & Scanners" page of the Settings page, I click the plus sign next to the "Add a printer or scanner"

It starts searching and finds my printer, "NPIA41946 (HP Color LaserJet Pro M252DW)"

I click on the, "Add Device" button below the listed printer and it just hangs at "Connecting" forever. but won't actually install the printer.

I also had to connect to the 2.4GHz channel of the router as it doesn't support 5GHz with the WPS button on both the router and printer so it would sync.

I also had the printer print out the network settings page and it lists the printer as, "IP Address: 192.168.223.1"

MarkJohnson wrote:
Here's more specific error message:

From the "Printers & Scanners" page of the Settings page, I click the plus sign next to the "Add a printer or scanner"

It starts searching and finds my printer, "NPIA41946 (HP Color LaserJet Pro M252DW)"

I click on the, "Add Device" button below the listed printer and it just hangs at "Connecting" forever. but won't actually install the printer.

I also had to connect to the 2.4GHz channel of the router as it doesn't support 5GHz with the WPS button on both the router and printer so it would sync.

I also had the printer print out the network settings page and it lists the printer as, "IP Address: 192.168.223.1"

Why not just use the interface of the printer manually to connect it to the router. Solved your problems and trouble shoot later.

420Assassin
Level 9
try 2 things, either chnage routers ip to be 192.168.1.1 instead of its default 192.168.50.1

or in Printers & Scanners (on PC) section remove old printer and re add it so device knows how to router to it.

Just setting the IP on the printer is just that just setting the IP address.. Devices still need to know that address too so they can know where to send..