cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XII Formula OLED Display issue? Flickers every 3 seconds WHY? [Resolved]

cobaincase
Level 7
Hi, just bought a Maximus XII Formula Z490 as part of my new build. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and have all the latest drivers, armoury crate (3.1.6.0), etc. I’m running BIOS 0707. I’m having the following issues:

1. The OLED display always flickers every 3 seconds. When it flickers, it basically switches itself off very briefly and is quite noticeable.

Is it because of the new BIOS (0707), or has it always been like that? Is that a protection so that nothing burns itself into the display? How can you turn off the flicker?

I appreciate any help :).

Cobi
6 REPLIES 6

GanjaHouse
Level 7
I have the same problem as you, but I cannot access the OLED screen configurator and it always shows only the cpu temp.

I was hoping they would correct it, but it's been so long that they don't fix it. To be a Top product and that it is a new one, it is disappointing me a lot

I have the same problem
This is what I know when BIOS 0707 was installed I believe it also updated oled screen firmware and that's when it started for me right after. It was 100% flicker free for months before in fact from release day for me. My guess is even if you go back to an older bios after it will not undo the firmware for the oled.
so until Asus at least acknowledges they screwed this up and fix it not much we can do.

GanjaHouse I had the problem of "cant access the OLED screen configurator" on my previous gen formula when I used the standalone install of LiveDash. I removed Aura service from control panel and live dash then installed Armoury Crate and controlled the oled from within Armoury Crate worked great after that.

Republic of Pax wrote:
GanjaHouse I had the problem of "cant access the OLED screen configurator" on my previous gen formula when I used the standalone install of LiveDash. I removed Aura service from control panel and live dash then installed Armoury Crate and controlled the oled from within Armoury Crate worked great after that.

Yes, that is what I did and I have the same result.
I have deleted all traces in the registry and after reinstalling only the armory crate, I have the same problem and can never access the OLED screen.

I'm using the latest windows 10 update, latest Nvidia drivers and all updated drivers.

Same problem here on ryujin cooler oled. Now after last BIOS update on my Hero VIII MB, I'm stuck with broken then forcibly removed armoury crate, and a stuttering test image that flickering as you have described in the middle of the animation. So, I guess they broke all their screens.

Republic_of_Pax
Level 8
This has been fixed for me on the Maximus Formula XII OLED with the latest Bios update ver 0805 2020/11/09.
As part of the Bios update the Bios flashes the motherboard OLED Firmware and the problem is 100% fixed no more flashing OLED.