Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Just an update on my RMA, my card been with Asus since the 19th/20th Jan 2021, still no news or nothing back yet.
    Last edited by curthard89; 02-07-2021 at 04:31 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    Just an update on my RMA, my card been with Asus since the 19th/20th Jan 2021, still no news or nothing back yet.
    Hi i am from Germany.
    I send my 3080 Strix with this problem to Asus Czech Servce support and get it back in 5 days.
    The changed the fan and the led cover.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Riplex View Post
    Hi i am from Germany.
    I send my 3080 Strix with this problem to Asus Czech Servce support and get it back in 5 days.
    Ah nice, i think because i'm UK, Brexit is causing grief with everything at the moment, so struggling to get stuff in and out.
    If it reaches 30 days, my retailer will offer me a refund on it anyway, and might just get another card of Asus dont pull their finger out.*
    Last edited by curthard89; 02-08-2021 at 10:01 AM.

New ROGer Array

Strix 3090 Fan Vibration Issue

yup, me too. Just purchased from a Microcenter in Ohio. Of course they don't have replacements and for some reason Im told by Asus on twitter that im not eligible for an advanced return. What? what makes me not eligible? I can give a credit card for you to hold funds, I purchased it with one. What's the problem?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Riplex View Post
    Hi i am from Germany.
    Hi there! Im from Germany aswell. Could you explain your steps please? What should i do to be able to send my 3090 to Asus support? I want to do the same and wont wait too long for a replacement.
    Last edited by r0mbus; 02-10-2021 at 09:21 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi all, here is the RMA process so far (its not good for the UK)

My retailer has confirmed ASUS cannot sort my card out so will be offering me a refund, or a new card when they get the next batch, so basically ASUS for whatever reason will not fix my card.

So i'm at the front of the queue for a new one when they come in. Utterly terrible experience. Been without a card for almost 30 days now and only just got that news from ASUS from my retailer (retailer are very helpful)
    Last edited by curthard89; 02-10-2021 at 12:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

After waiting months now for an advanced RMA unit, I finally gave up and just sent my unit in. Not only did I have to fight tooth and nail for them to agree to do an advanced RMA in the first place, I also had to fight for them to even provide a shipping label. Absolutely ridiculous that a $1800+ graphics card comes with such terrible support. I honestly should have just stuck with my EVGA card.

It has been 5 days since they received my card. I will document how the rest of the repair process goes.

I'm in the US for reference.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    After waiting months now for an advanced RMA unit, I finally gave up and just sent my unit in. Not only did I have to fight tooth and nail for them to agree to do an advanced RMA in the first place, I also had to fight for them to even provide a shipping label. Absolutely ridiculous that a $1800+ graphics card comes with such terrible support. I honestly should have just stuck with my EVGA card.

It has been 5 days since they received my card. I will document how the rest of the repair process goes.

I'm in the US for reference.
    Luckily i only have to deal with my superb retailer and not ASUS direct but I bid you good luck.

As you can see from my experience, not getting my card back, so card-less waiting retailer to send me new one from next batch, might just get an FE once they restock and get refund as this takes the p*ss.Â*

New ROGer Array

I'm happy with the card itself, the + mem i can get and the amount of coil whine, but the fan rattling is making me crazy because its right in the optimal RPM to cool my card. I have 20 days left to return to my retailer, BUT thats only if they manage to get a replacement card in, otherwise its full refund and wait for a card. I guess my question is, is this a design problem in the card, and given that I'm happy with this performance/coil whine, am I taking a bigger risk swapping it for a new one?

I'm guessing if Asus has not fixed the actual issue in the manufacturing process, it means all cards are prone to this rattle, including a possible replacement provided by my point of purchase. Its extra scary when i read about people not having the problem, and it developing after weeks or months. Sending your card into Asus is always iffy, they do not guarantee to return the same card to you, so if you have a card that has good silicon, you might lose it when sending in for the fan fix.

I'm wondering if its better to live with the noise for a few more months and trust that asus will acknowledge it, and fix it permanently as an RMA without swapping the actual card. I just don't know what to do at this point. The card shortage is real, and also compounds this problem.

Just wanted to share my thoughts, and disappointment in the most expensive computer purchase i have made in my life. A premium card should not have these issues.
    Last edited by kevin; 02-17-2021 at 10:14 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

I have the very same issue on my 3090. Got the card right before new year. I have started to notice the rattle after a few weeks. On mine, its the left and right fan that rattles. Usually, within 65-75% fan speed.
    Touching the card while the fans are running at 70%, I don't feel any vibrations.

ASUS should just send out new heatsinks once they narrowed down the issue. It does not make sense to rma the whole card if they have no stock.
    Most users are skilled enough to switch the heatsinks.
    Ridiculous issue for a freaking 1800$ card...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast