Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

It seems that it gets worse and worse over time... This is what you get from ASUS for 1800$
    No Stock and if you get one you get this.

ROG Member Array

My expected repair completion date has been removed from my RMA.. This is exactly why I didn't want to send my card in and wanted to opt for an advanced RMA instead.

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    My expected repair completion date has been removed from my RMA.. This is exactly why I didn't want to send my card in and wanted to opt for an advanced RMA instead.
    And this just to replace a freaking heatsink... Asus support never was any good

New ROGer Array

I RMAed my Strix 3090 for artifacts and black screens. My Estimated Completion Date had also disappeared. I haven’t heard anything from Asus. I am guessing they don’t have cards to provide as replacements?

New ROGer Array

I'm currently having this issue. Is there a consensus on the steps to follow to get this fixed? Do we just RMA or what?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gawdsb View Post
    I'm currently having this issue. Is there a consensus on the steps to follow to get this fixed? Do we just RMA or what?
    See if the place you bought it from can source you a replacement because ASUS warranty process is a pain.

You can ask for an advanced RMA but I waited over 2 months with them never getting any units to send.

You can send it in which you have to fight for them to pay for shipping and they'll say "This is a one time courtesy". Yeah thanks ASUS for being such a pal that you'll pay for shipping on your defective $1800 graphics card.

I went with the repair process and so far it's been 17 days since I sent it in with no clue on when it'll be sent back to me.

Honestly I wish I had just kept that bandaid fix as it worked fine afterwards. Here's the link for it:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge3#post823046

Remember this experience the next time you buy hardware. I certainly will.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    See if the place you bought it from can source you a replacement because ASUS warranty process is a pain.

You can ask for an advanced RMA but I waited over 2 months with them never getting any units to send.

You can send it in which you have to fight for them to pay for shipping and they'll say "This is a one time courtesy". Yeah thanks ASUS for being such a pal that you'll pay for shipping on your defective $1800 graphics card.

I went with the repair process and so far it's been 17 days since I sent it in with no clue on when it'll be sent back to me.

Honestly I wish I had just kept that bandaid fix as it worked fine afterwards. Here's the link for it:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge3#post823046

Remember this experience the next time you buy hardware. I certainly will.
    Yea, tried to get Best Buy to take allow me to return or exchange they stated I had to do it through Asus... I have another GPU that I can use while this is being repaired, but I would rather just return it after seeing the hassle Asus is putting customers through for a now known issue that has occurred for many.

sigh... Guess I'll have to hassle them to pay for shipping at least, I can't stand the noise it makes otherwise I wouldn't even bother.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I would ignore vibration and focus on performance and functionality .
    and use big case put it far away from your desk .
    or under your desk you don't feel vibration .
    I know guys nowadays so hard to find stock cards and people sending it back to MSI , ASUS , EVGA for Vibration ... i believe they will ignore it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys,

Story with tl;dr, sent card back almost around 16th of January to retailer who deal with RMA for Asus, they sent it back to Asus, Asus offered them a refund for it (for unknown reasons they could not fix the card or just sold it on again? — who knows), my retailer offered me a refund, or to be number 1 on list of new cards when they come in (i also was allowed to get a refund if I sourced a card in the meantime). So i waited on the list. Today I received email from my retailer saying new cards have come in and i'll be receiving it tomorrow. I'll report back if this card is fully functionality.

So terrible experience, 6 or so weeks without a GPU.
    Cheers*

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got the replacement today, and its completely messed up out of the box.

This is completely unacceptable, all the screws for the shroud are lose and falling out into the bag and box.

They have not even been tightened at all, its serious issue right now. I don't know if to laugh or cry. *I am officially done with Asus, my retailer have allowed me to swap to another 3090 of another brand which has no issues.

For video and higher res pics, see: https://we.tl/t-j0MiLpUpyc
    *Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	754.6 KB 
ID:	87944
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	445.5 KB 
ID:	87945
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 03-06-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast