Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    I got the replacement today, and its completely messed up out of the box.

This is completely unacceptable, all the screws for the shroud are lose and falling out into the bag and box.

They have not even been tightened at all, its serious issue right now and takes the utter piss. I don't know if to laugh or cry. *I am officially done with Asus, my retailer have allowed me to swap to another 3090 of another brand which has no issues.

For video and higher res pics, see: https://we.tl/t-j0MiLpUpyc
    *Attachment 87944
    Attachment 87945
    Oh my god that's horrible. That is totally unacceptable.

Does this card have the same serial that you sent in? I'm guessing they just replaced the cooler and returned it.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 03-01-2021 at 04:12 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

I got the replacement today, and its completely f****d out of the box.

This is completely unacceptable, all the screws for the shroud are lose and falling out into the bag and box.

They have not even been tightened at all, its serious issue right now and takes the utter piss. I don't know if to laugh or cry. *I am officially done with Asus, my retailer have allowed me to swap to another 3090 of another brand which has no issues.

For video and higher res pics, see: https://we.tl/t-j0MiLpUpyc
    *Attachment 87944
    Attachment 87945
    What the heck is going on with ASUS? This is completely unacceptable! How can anyone ship a GPU in that condition?
    Well, I will also never buy any ASUS product again

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    Oh my god that's horrible. That is totally unacceptable.

Does this card have the same serial that you sent in? I'm guessing they just replaced the cooler and returned it.
    I never got my original card back, Asus never received it, the middle man in the UK is probably doing something fishy and reselling them on, so they gave my retailer the refund for it, so my retailer sent me that brand new card instead when the next batch came in.

So that was a brand new card, from factory. Going straight back, luckily my retailer is awesome and the Asus account manager is looking into it and also offered me a an even better card as a direct swap as this is completely unacceptable.Â*

Im officially done with Asus GPU's, I use a few other products of theirs, but these Strix cards are just an utter shambles. Â*

ROG Member Array

I never got my original card back, Asus never received it, the middle man in the UK is probably doing something fishy and reselling them on, so they gave my retailer the refund for it, so my retailer sent me that brand new card instead when the next batch came in.

So that was a brand new card, from factory. Going straight back, luckily my retailer is awesome and the Asus account manager is looking into it and also offered me a an even better card as a direct swap as this is completely unacceptable.Â*

Im officially done with Asus GPU's, I use a few other products of theirs, but these Strix cards are just an utter shambles. Â*
    Which model is considered an "even better card?" Hopefully they do you right and shower you with extras.

New ROGer Array

My RMA replacement arrived today. The replacement card looks great cosmetically. It looks new with plastic covering the shroud, lightbar, etc. I'll put it in my system to check out how it runs. So far I am happy.

ROG Member Array

Look how easy it was for this guy. We deseved this.

https://youtu.be/lSb_4RB2nbw

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    Which model is considered an "even better card?" Hopefully they do you right and shower you with extras.
    They offered me a MSI Suprim X 3090, so far no issues what so ever, even runs about 8-10deg cooler under load in certain titles. Runs higher clocks because of it. :-)

ROG Member Array MrHDR PC Specs
    MrHDR PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz CL16 32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce RTX 3090 Strix OC
    MonitorAcer XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2
    Storage #22x Firecuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360MM
    CaseFractal Design S2 Gunmetal
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 10 Pro

i got my replacement from the retailer i bought it from, and my new card also has the same issue, it's just not as bad, i should be getting my second replacement next week, it's not really ideal considering the card costs over 2800 usd in Norway.

ROG Member Array

ASUS couldn't process my advance RMA for MONTHS because they lacked the inventory to do so.

I eventually sent my card to them for repair and all they did was just replace the card. It also took TWO WEEKS to replace the card and ship it back out. What happened to lack of inventory?

Good luck to everyone else on their RMA experience.

Done with ASUS.

ROG Member Array

Customer Service? Computer says no

Same problem with my strix, along with microstutter which is a whole other issue.

Contacted ASUS CS to explain my story before I found these threads and I was told that the noise in the video I sent was "mouse clicking or coil whine" and that I was imagining it basically!

Contacted them again after seeing this and they said I can RMA the card through the retailer Amazon.it because they do not deal directly (or at all in my opinion) with these issues. Contacted amazon, who told me that they are unable to do this and all they can do is refund because ASUS are a seperate company and that it makes no sense to send to Amazon, to then send to ASUS which I agree with....so who is having me on?

So as it stands both companies are telling me to sort it with the other. I have messaged Blake@ROG also and waiting on a reply since Sunday.

First time buying an ROG product and was excited to...it will certainly be my last. Completely left out in the cold with this and had opportunities to buy other cards but I wanted to go with top quality components. Back to Aorus next time

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast