Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

The quality of ASUS products is good, its just the customer support that is horrible. Look at this thread and the statements from them... basically nothing...
    But this has been the case for many years.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JronMasteR View Post
    The quality of ASUS products is good, its just the customer support that is horrible. Look at this thread and the statements from them... basically nothing...
    But this has been the case for many years.
    I love the performance, the temps are good and the quality of the product is almost great. But to let something like this out of the factory and do nothing about it afterwards is a complete joke.

No matter how good the product is, if they continue like this why are people still supporting them. Would you buy another car from a dealership if something is broken from day one and they basically ignore you...Amazon is the size it is because they put the customer first. ASUS should take notes

ROG Member Array MrHDR PC Specs
    MrHDR PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz CL16 32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce RTX 3090 Strix OC
    MonitorAcer XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2
    Storage #22x Firecuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360MM
    CaseFractal Design S2 Gunmetal
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 10 Pro

My third 3090 Strix OC card just arrived (second replacement), this one is even worse, what the hell.
    Last edited by MrHDR; 03-11-2021 at 04:35 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrHDR View Post
    My third 3090 Strix OC card just arrived (second replacement), this one is even worse, what the hell.
    Newer batches aren't any better so by the looks of it. At least they've replaced your card I guess...my only option is a refund by all accounts. I only hope I snag another brand card and will enjoy refunding it then

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

Quote Originally Posted by olearyd7 View Post
    I love the performance, the temps are good and the quality of the product is almost great. But to let something like this out of the factory and do nothing about it afterwards is a complete joke.

No matter how good the product is, if they continue like this why are people still supporting them. Would you buy another car from a dealership if something is broken from day one and they basically ignore you...Amazon is the size it is because they put the customer first. ASUS should take notes
    Completely agree with you. They should not replace the cards until they have a fix for this issue. A statement like "we are aware of this issue and will let you know once we have a fix, thank you for your patience".
    Then, once they have a fix, they should let the customer choose to replace for example the heatsink themselves or sending the card in for a fix.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Im honestly so happy to get a MSI Suprim X 3090 as a replacement, no issues what so ever, its cooler, runs quieter and can finally play games without worrying about some buzzing that all eventually occur. It also gets higher clocks than the Strix OC at a much lower voltage (out of the box).

Its sad to hear the experiences people have the Strix cards, they look really nice but QC is just terrible, myself, getting 2 cards that are screwed, and that one from the other day where the shroud was hanging off.

And seeing MrHDR with 3 defective cards. It's just not good enough, only people that seem to get good cards are reviewers who get priority over us getting what we paid for.

I am seeing people with 3080's and 3070's also with the same issue, 3070's less due to not reaching those temps anyway due to the TDP so fans never ramp up that high.*

MrHDR PC Specs
    Processori7-8700K
    MonitorAcer XB271HU
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360MM
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    Im honestly so happy to get a MSI Suprim X 3090 as a replacement, no issues what so ever, its cooler, runs quieter and can finally play games without worrying about some buzzing that all eventually occur. It also gets higher clocks than the Strix OC at a much lower voltage (out of the box).

Its sad to hear the experiences people have the Strix cards, they look really nice but QC is just terrible, myself, getting 2 cards that are screwed, and that one from the other day where the shroud was hanging off.

And seeing MrHDR with 3 defective cards. It's just not good enough, only people that seem to get good cards are reviewers who get priority over us getting what we paid for.

I am seeing people with 3080's and 3070's also with the same issue, 3070's less due to not reaching those temps anyway due to the TDP so fans never ramp up that high.*

I'm just considering asking the retailer i got mine from for a Suprim X too, i've only had problems with these Strix 3090 since late last year, it's a real shame because i really like Strix products.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrHDR View Post
    I'm just considering asking the retailer i got mine from for a Suprim X too, i've only had problems with these Strix 3090 since late last year, it's a real shame because i really like Strix products.
    I can highly recommend it, it runs cooler, not as noisy, i've not seen the GPU hit 70deg yet (same aggressive fan curve, runs around 70% fan at 67deg(ish). Comes with a sag holder upper too :-).

It has a lower power limit, 450w is the max it can go (with the slider maxed), but it still reaches higher clocks than the Strix as it's not getting dropped down due to thermals. Averaging around 2010mhz on the core.
    Last edited by curthard89; 03-15-2021 at 10:02 AM.

MrHDR PC Specs
    Processori7-8700K
    MonitorAcer XB271HU
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360MM
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    I can highly recommend it, it runs cooler, not as noisy, i've not seen the GPU hit 70deg yet (same aggressive fan curve, runs around 70% fan at 67deg(ish). Comes with a sag holder upper too :-).

It has a lower power limit, 450w is the max it can go (with the slider maxed), but it still reaches higher clocks than the Strix as it's not getting dropped down due to thermals. Averaging around 2010mhz on the core.

Ended up requesting one, hopefully i won't have to deal with all these issues anymore.

ROG Member Array

Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.
    Last edited by Eismc2a; 03-17-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast