Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Botrin View Post
    Hello everyone, I have had an Asus Rog Strix 3090 OC for about a month, and I wanted to share my experience, three weeks after having it the fan closest to the video connections started making noise, the same thing happens to other users From this forum, I have contacted Asus Spain I told them my case and I am still waiting for them to tell me something; As I consider myself a knowledgeable user and given my situation, I examined the card carefully and noticed that the fan in some area was very close to the card housing, without actually touching, I disassembled the card, accessed the fans that are fixed with two screws and the fan that made noise by loosening the two screws I put it more in the center, take advantage of it and cleaned the thermal paste and reapplied it, I mounted the card and I have been more than a week without any noise. I share my experience because it solved the problem for me. A greeting.
    Sorry i dont really understand... what you did to solve the issue ?

Is it because the screw holding the fan is loose and need to be tighten ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrHDR View Post
    Ended up requesting one, hopefully i won't have to deal with all these issues anymore.
    Sweet! Hope you get one soon, i'm a week or so into owning this one now, absolutely zero issues what so ever. It just works, thing is built like a barn doorÂ*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eismc2a View Post
    Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.
    Did you send via retailer or direct to Asus?

Its probably not the fan but the same issue we all have, if you rest your finger on the shroud, does it go away?Â*

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    Did you send via retailer or direct to Asus?

Its probably not the fan but the same issue we all have, if you rest your finger on the shroud, does it go away?Â*

I did send it trough my retailer.

I tried pushing on the shroud but that didn't do anything for me. The sound was definitely coming from the left most fan at a certain rpm. Regardless of what the issue might be one would expect that Asus would have pinpointed the issue by now and have a solution.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eismc2a View Post
    I did send it trough my retailer.

I tried pushing on the shroud but that didn't do anything for me. The sound was definitely coming from the left most fan at a certain rpm. Regardless of what the issue might be one would expect that Asus would have pinpointed the issue by now and have a solution.
    I also having the same issue. Today i took the card out, give the fan a few good hard pull upwards and put back everything,

So far no rattling sound... finger cross....

Anyone want to give it a try to see whether this method solve it for you too ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
    I also having the same issue. Today i took the card out, give the fan a few good hard pull upwards and put back everything,

So far no rattling sound... finger cross....

Anyone want to give it a try to see whether this method solve it for you too ?
    So did anyone tried my method ?

As so far it seems to solve for me... the rattling sound haven't come back until today

ROG Junior Member Array

Fresh new card, same issue..

The center fan, at specific speed, do a rattling noise like the blades are touching something but it doesn't seem to be the case :s
    Pressing on the shroud or another part of the card do noting. Only pressing the center part of the fan in the upper right direction stop the sound (pressing in the lower left direction increase the rattling noise) but I don't want to keep my hand in my PC case

Anyway, as many of you, I don't want to RMA. Do you think it's possible to change only the fans (or at least one fan) on this card ?
    I tried to find some fans with similar mount base but I find nothing.

And pushing, pulling, putting something befind the fan mount (as saw here on a previous page), etc did nothing for me.

ROG Enthusiast Array JronMasteR PC Specs
    JronMasteR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardGigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900KS @ 5.15Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Monitor2xASUS Rog XG279Q
    Storage #1970 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i RGB PRO XT
    CaseO11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Ducky YOTP
    Mouse Logitech G604

I just bought a vertical GPU mount for my 3090 and all issues are gone. Also the system overall runs much cooler.
    Definitely has to do with the sag of the GPU. I think the fan shroud is to close to the fins, then when the cards bends a bit, the rattle starts.
    They need to modify their cooler to fix this issue long term. You could also, probably, just put some foam between the fan shroud and the heatsink.

For my O11 dynamic I bought the phanteks mount, works great.

ROG Member Array davesman_ PC Specs
    davesman_ PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING O24G
    Monitor49" Philips 499P9H
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 250GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 525GB
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12S SE-AM4
    CaseCorsair Graphite 600T
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000
    Mouse Microsoft Natural Laser Mouse 6000 Wireless
    Mouse Pad C-TECH ANTHEA
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theater 5.1 SW
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-LINK Archer C2

Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
    So did anyone tried my method ?
    As so far it seems to solve for me... the rattling sound haven't come back until today
    I have the same rattling issue with the center fan. I've tried to force stop it, pull it out & in. It seems it helps for a few moments. But the rattle sound returns. I think the finstack is too close to the fans / shroud.

ROG Junior Member Array

Damn it... got my 2nd card not too long ago and the rattle's back ladies and gentlemen! What do you guys think, is this the same noise you're hearing: https://streamable.com/y8ll68 ? Thanks. Also, should I worry about it/could it damage the card if left untouched? I'm fine with it, just super anxious.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast