Storage #22x Firecuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360MM
    CaseFractal Design S2 Gunmetal
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Also having this issue unfortunately, it's kind of a shame considering the card is priced at 2310 USD here.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Interestingly the rattling sound that my graphicscard "had" came back when testing simple overclock with fans at 100%. So could the rattling be somehow heat related, the sound went away when I turned the fans down not when I quit the test program. On positive note my first whining fan seems to have gotten quieter, but still there seems to be the varying sound output while the middle fan whining sound is constant. So in the end now I have somewhat pulsing higher pitched whine, with rattling that varies a bit.

ROG Member Array

I have been lucky to acquire a second 3090 Strix OC via Amazon which was delivered to me today quite out of the blue after ordering already on the 20th of sept.

This new one is absolutely quiet (except for some coilwhine) and seems to cool better as well. It's proof that the ones that have this issue are definetely faulty. I've returned the first one to the store. Good luck to everyone and game on!

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    I would like to update the information I need to collect,
    this request is for only ROG series, 3070,3080,and 3090 owner

I would need to collect below information.
    If you have already send me PM, no need to do it again.

1. Full name
    2. Product SN
    3. Country/Region you stay

Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is there any update as to what is causing this? It's rather annoying now. I heard on the grape vine that the ones that are not buzzing cool better (as JustinN noticed) maybe the shroud is not fully clamped down enough against the PCB/DIE?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    Is there any update as to what is causing this? It's rather annoying now. I heard on the grape vine that the ones that are not buzzing cool better (as JustinN noticed) maybe the shroud is not fully clamped down enough against the PCB/DIE?
    This is an interesting idea, because once I started using a gpu stand/brace my temps dropped by 5c at least, more like 5-8c...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I had this issue with my 3090 ROG Strix but adjusting my gpu sag bracket seems to have cured it... took a few attempts to get it right. Ran furmark to test fans from 1000 (i have the issue where they run at 1000 even at idle) to 1850 RPM and it was fine all the way through

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    This is an interesting idea, because once I started using a gpu stand/brace my temps dropped by 5c at least, more like 5-8c...

Interesting, at stock, my card runs same temps as what other people are reporting and reviewers, sub 40 idle and 60-70 under load (depending on game), only gets super toasty when upping power limit and then the temps will skyrocket.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by pk1209 View Post
    I had this issue with my 3090 ROG Strix but adjusting my gpu sag bracket seems to have cured it... took a few attempts to get it right. Ran furmark to test fans from 1000 (i have the issue where they run at 1000 even at idle) to 1850 RPM and it was fine all the way through
    I have a support holding up one end, mine simply just changes when it occurs, although you can remove the issue by holding it (as you found it), its just being masked, the issue is still present, something is not right. Ive undervolted and adjusted fans so i don't hear it until ASUS come up with a solution, which we are still waiting on.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by curthard89 View Post
    I have a support holding up one end, mine simply just changes when it occurs, although you can remove the issue by holding it (as you found it), its just being masked, the issue is still present, something is not right. Ive undervolted and adjusted fans so i don't hear it until ASUS come up with a solution, which we are still waiting on.
    Yeah... I know it's masking it and have pinged my serial number etc over in a PM depending on what comes from it... for now, i'm just happy it's gone (although annoyed about the 1000rpm idle issue)

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast