Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 193
  1. #61
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    Don't wait on them. Be tenacious as hell. Call the number I posted and tell them another user got advanced replacement and you want the same... I want everyone thats having this issue to do that, otherwise they'll forget because it's the holidays and they're busy..
    That's OK, I will wait. There are ton of people with the same issue, so it’s only fair to give Asus time to sort things out.

    Thanks and enjoy your card.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-14-2020 at 07:48 PM.

  2. #62
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    29

    Still waiting on Blake to tell us what will happen, if we need to send them back or get a kit to fix them ourselves.*

    The last I heard from Blake was "We are going to send the parts for all European user together, and that might take at least a month. Sorry to keep you waiting."

    So i guess they are at least sending out shrouds, or some form of replacement part.**

  3. #63
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    I'd rather the advanced replacement option over trying to fix it myself tbh... sure that makes more sense for Asus as well

  4. #64
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    I am also experiencing this issue. Noticed it a few days ago.

    I'd be lying to say I'm not disappointed on a GPU that carries a $300 premium over the FE models.


  5. #65
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    I am also experiencing this issue. Noticed it a few days ago.

    I'd be lying to say I'm not disappointed on a GPU that carries a $300 premium over the FE models.

    You can clearly her it at the beginning and then just rattle regardless of you pressing RGB strips or not.

  6. #66
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    You can clearly her it at the beginning and then just rattle regardless of you pressing RGB strips or not.
    It's actually rattling if I don't put any pressure of the RGB strip. If I just put a bit of pressure, the vibration sounds go away.

  7. #67
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by gooper23 View Post
    It's actually rattling if I don't put any pressure of the RGB strip. If I just put a bit of pressure, the vibration sounds go away.
    Mine rattles regardless of GPU position, whether that is horizontal or vertical and whether I put any pressure on any part of the shroud and it's also pretty loud.

    What is more disappointing is that It’s been about a month from when this was reported and from my understanding as of now there is still no movement as far is resolution to rectify this issue, at least for North America, that’s not good.

    I have to truly rethink my next move, maybe sell it or return and get something else, problem is availability, otherwise I know what I would have done already.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 03:52 AM.

  8. #68
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    Mine rattles regardless of GPU position, whether that is horizontal or vertical and whether I put any pressure on any part of the shroud and it's also pretty loud.

    What is more disappointing is that It’s been about a month from when this was reported and from my understanding as of now there is still no movement as far is resolution to rectify this issue, at least for North America, that’s not good.

    I have to truly rethink my next move, maybe sell it or return and get something else, problem is availability, otherwise I know what I would have done already.
    That's very disheartening to hear. I'm also RMAing my Z490 Hero and it's closing in on 3 weeks without any progress on my advanced RMA request. The emails are slow and very little progress is made in those emails.

    When it rains it pours ha.

  9. #69
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Well, Just got this reply from Blake concerning the progress of the update for the NA market.

    "The solution would not arrive soon in North America....really sorry about that.
    If you are still in the replacement period that the seller gave you, you may contact them.
    Thank you."

    I ordered my card from Amazon, so my return and exchange window is still valid. The issue is Amazon's product stock, not sure they'll have one to exchange with me, and the second concern is getting a new one that also has the same issue. Has anyone been successful exchanging these cards and getting a non-defective one?

    EDIT: So just contacted Amazon, they do not have these in stock as figured. They would not be able to exchange one for me, just a refund. This is ridiculous. So my options seem to be either return this and try to get another one during a drop or live with it until Asus figures out a solution, even though they are being cryptic.
    Last edited by funk3r; 12-15-2020 at 03:15 PM.

  10. #70
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by funk3r View Post
    Well, Just got this reply from Blake concerning the progress of the update for the NA market.

    "The solution would not arrive soon in North America....really sorry about that.
    If you are still in the replacement period that the seller gave you, you may contact them.
    Thank you."

    I ordered my card from Amazon, so my return and exchange window is still valid. The issue is Amazon's product stock, not sure they'll have one to exchange with me, and the second concern is getting a new one that also has the same issue. Has anyone been successful exchanging these cards and getting a non-defective one?

    EDIT: So just contacted Amazon, they do not have these in stock as figured. They would not be able to exchange one for me, just a refund. This is ridiculous. So my options seem to be either return this and try to get another one during a drop or live with it until Asus figures out a solution, even though they are being cryptic.
    That's what I got from Blake as well, doesn't sound promising. If we at least could get some idea rough ETA on what to expect from Asus, but no, nothing.

    If this fix whatever that would be would take 1-2 even 3 months which is reasonable if you ask me I could wait, my card is honestly excellent clocker I wouldn't want to lose it, but no ETA at all as if there is and won't be fix at all.

    I got mine from Newegg and I can return within 3 months which is good, but I contacted them last night and no ETA on stock availability at all.

    I use my cards for Neurological Machine learning and currently I have 3x Titan RTX, few Titan Black running on my home network on # of systems, all that is running via special forensic network agents to connect to all GPUs on network and work together in combination with my main system with Strix 3090 which is the big boss I hate to brake that, in fact, I was going to get 2 more Strix 3090 but this is not promising at all.

    What makes me believe Asus will ignore this/us because Blake's first response to the issue was "We are going to prepare the parts by larger batch for these two regions afterwards" which sounded like he might have had good intention and we also have to understand that most likely he is the middle man, but now not even rough ETA, doesn't sound promising and if there is no hope than what is there to hold on to.

    I wouldn't want to look elsewhere yet, but if nothing else is giving to us as far is fixing for this, I might ditch it and not look back, you don't want to get stack with bad product, and no support, which we all heard how Asus support is rated in many reviews, let's see where this will take us.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •