Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
    Which forum you saw from regarding the fan screw ?

Is there a step by step guide how do i open up to tighten it ?
    I couldn't find the link again, but there were no instructions on disassembly. You can probably find those elsewhere, probably just keep removing screws until stuff comes apart while minding the cable connectors.

Edit: Found it, there were other issues as well and some steps documented, good read: https://www.overclock.net/threads/st...attle.1777594/
    Last edited by kinnunentuomas; 04-18-2021 at 06:23 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hi EU users,
    Sorry for the confusion. due to the sales condition and local regulation, things are more complicated for you.
    Some of you can not send the device to repair yourself, and must go through seller.
    And for some sellers, they do not send the product to repair one by one, or repair might they much longer as they expected,
    so they provide replacement or refund to you instead.
    Or even in some region, they don't do repair, only refund.
    Everyone is facing different condition.
    Seems like that's the issue for you now. I'm really sorry about this.
    All bad cards will go to our factory for centralized repair, I recorded your case to make sure there is enough parts to repair.
    If you have other concern regarding replacement, refund or repair, please PM me the detail.
    Your feedback have been reported for further improvement.
    Thank you.
    I would advice anyone in the EU to check their rights as a consumer. I have been in contact with the Dutch consumer law department and have explained my situation. In my case Asus only took 1 week to say that they could not repair my card (witch is some nonsense excuse we all can agree on here) and refunded it to the seller knowing that the prices have gone up significantly and they would make extra profit reselling the card instead of providing the customer service deserved and repair the card. Or any other solution at all. They agreed that this sounds really weird and have started an investigation and if this leads to what I suspect Asus is doing then they would have some explanation to do. I would advice anyone that has send their card in for RMA and has got an silly excuse that they could not repair this to look up their rights and take action according to the law in their country.
    Last edited by Eismc2a; 04-21-2021 at 11:43 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eismc2a View Post
    I would advice anyone in the EU to check their rights as a consumer. I have been in contact with the Dutch consumer law department and have explained my situation. In my case Asus only took 1 week to say that they could not repair my card (witch is some nonsense excuse we all can agree on here) and refunded it to the seller knowing that the prices have gone up significantly and they would make extra profit reselling the card instead of providing the customer service deserved and repair the card. Or any other solution at all. They agreed that this sounds really weird and have started an investigation and if this leads to what I suspect Asus is doing then they would have some explanation to do. I would advice anyone that has send their card in for RMA and has got an silly excuse that they could not repair this to look up their rights and take action according to the law in their country.
    Let me know how this goes for you. My situation is I have been advised to send card to Czech repair shop at my own cost. Have been assured card is fixable re: fan vibration, but I have a stuter issue also and afraid of a refund. Surely Asus as a company should cover postage costs due to poor quality control and a widespread issue, and should have a selection of cards reserved for repair-failed replacements.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eismc2a View Post
    Hello Eismc2a,
    May you share the purchase invoice with me in PM and I will consult with Sales team simultaneously.
    I have reported your opinion and I hope that there is other solution for you.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Same issue for me

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hello Eismc2a,
    May you share the purchase invoice with me in PM and I will consult with Sales team simultaneously.
    I have reported your opinion and I hope that there is other solution for you.
    Thank you.
    Hi Blake,
    I've the exact same issue with my ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3090 O24G GAMING.
    I bought it in January but was only able to complete my build last week...
    And then I heard this "rattling" sound.
    I contacted my reseller (LDLC, France) but they can do nothing about it except allow me to return the card (I sent them a video clearly showing the issue) but they were unable to tell me what would be the next step...
    Repair, refund, replace ????
    I bought this RTX 3090 for 2000€.
    Now the price is 2700€ with no availability btw.
    So there si no good option but waiting.
    Could you help ?
    Many thanx

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kinnunentuomas View Post
    I couldn't find the link again, but there were no instructions on disassembly. You can probably find those elsewhere, probably just keep removing screws until stuff comes apart while minding the cable connectors.

Edit: Found it, there were other issues as well and some steps documented, good read: https://www.overclock.net/threads/st...attle.1777594/
    So I just opened up my 3090OC to re-paste it and install new thermal pads. I also figured, I'll crack the shroud apart per the post above. I tightened all the screws down, re-positioned the cable, and now my vibration is eliminated. pretty easy DYI for anyone who wants to check it out. I ran the card through 5% increment fan speeds from 30%-100% and the sound has been eliminated.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by funk3r View Post
    So I just opened up my 3090OC to re-paste it and install new thermal pads. I also figured, I'll crack the shroud apart per the post above. I tightened all the screws down, re-positioned the cable, and now my vibration is eliminated. pretty easy DYI for anyone who wants to check it out. I ran the card through 5% increment fan speeds from 30%-100% and the sound has been eliminated.
    I'll give this a try...
    My RTX3090 does this rattling noise and it's probably caused by the very same issue: loose fan screws and tape.

Do I have to remove all the screws on both sides to fix the noise (loose screws and tape brushing) or only the screws on the fans side?
    I'd like to minimize the dismount as much as possible.
    I don't want to change the thermal pad/paste...
    Just fix the noise

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    I'll give this a try...
    My RTX3090 does this rattling noise and it's probably caused by the very same issue: loose fan screws and tape.

Do I have to remove all the screws on both sides to fix the noise (loose screws and tape brushing) or only the screws on the fans side?
    I'd like to minimize the dismount as much as possible.
    I don't want to change the thermal pad/paste...
    Just fix the noise
    I used this reddit post as a guide.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining...tm_name=iossmf

unfortunately, if you do this mod, you'll have to re-paste the card at the minimum. If the thermal pads are still useable, then you can just slap them back on, but the paste will have to redone before you put it back together. I'm also sure this may void warranty?

Honestly, if you're going through the process of fixing the fan, you may as well re-paste it. My temps are great after the re-paste and I'm able to get a bit better performance with the OC.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by funk3r View Post
    I used this reddit post as a guide.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining...tm_name=iossmf

unfortunately, if you do this mod, you'll have to re-paste the card at the minimum. If the thermal pads are still useable, then you can just slap them back on, but the paste will have to redone before you put it back together. I'm also sure this may void warranty?

Honestly, if you're going through the process of fixing the fan, you may as well re-paste it. My temps are great after the re-paste and I'm able to get a bit better performance with the OC.
    I don't want to re-paste, just want to fix the fan noise...
    My temps are already quite good (65°C full load)...
    Is it easy to just access the fan screws and wrongly positionned tape ?

Thank you.

KR

ROG Member Array davesman_ PC Specs
    davesman_ PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING O24G
    Monitor49" Philips 499P9H
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 250GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 525GB
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12S SE-AM4
    CaseCorsair Graphite 600T
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000
    Mouse Microsoft Natural Laser Mouse 6000 Wireless
    Mouse Pad C-TECH ANTHEA
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theater 5.1 SW
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-LINK Archer C2

Blake@ROG wrote that they are trying to find another solution for me. For an EU customer. Czech customer. So I hope they could possibly make some DIY kit / video or permit to return the card directly to ASUS for repair.
    If it has something to do with loose screews then it cannot be so tricky to repair. I think "Warranty Void If removed" sticker is now the main problem for DIY

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast