Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

That sound, it sounds like a fan or cable is misaligned on the fans. But it is not fan related. I touched the fans and this sound seems to just be a massive persistent pulsing sound (coil whine?). Asus should be aware that all eyes are on them because it is present on the TUF as well. A user posted a youtube where this sound was clearly heard on his TUF card.

New ROGer Array

Its not coil whine. What we have happens when the card is idling with nothing running and you simply turn up the fan speed manually. Â*

Can you post a link to the video youre talking about?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array morph. PC Specs
    morph. PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 13" i5, Surface Pro X
    MotherboardROG Maximus XII Formula
    Processori9-11900K SP85 @5.4-5.2Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-32GTRS (2x16) @3733MHz 14-15-15-29
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090oc
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity Nickel Plexi 2x PE360 Radiators
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DXL-W
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1000
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
    Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath BLK LTD
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterBillion BiPAC 8800AXL
    Accessory #1 EK Quantum Vector Strix Waterblock
    Accessory #2 EK Classic Side DP DDC3.2
    Accessory #3 EK Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONDOCTOR View Post
    My card also came with no plastic film over the lightbar so maybe that is normal. However, mine actually had some scuff marks on the lightbar straight out of the box! .
    Same here no light bar film to peel and yeah I had some swirls/scuffs on it straight out the box...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by morph. View Post
    Same here no light bar film to peel and yeah I had some swirls/scuffs on it straight out the box...
    Mine had swirls on it too. What in the hell possessed asus to refrain from putting plastic on the light bar? Who makes these decisions?

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    This issue has been reported.
    If there is any progress, I will keep you updated.
    Thank you.

morph. PC Specs
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DXL-W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Dear all,
    This issue has been reported.
    If there is any progress, I will keep you updated.
    Thank you.
    Thanks, Blake if in fact, you guys do confirm its an issue what would happen?

Honestly, an RMA back and forth would take my computer offline too long as I use it daily for work...
    Last edited by morph.; 11-12-2020 at 12:48 AM.

New ROGer Array

Same issue with my Strix 3080 OC, vibration rattle occurs around 60-70% fan speed. LED bar came with no plastic, and pretty scuffed up.

I have found a remedy for the issue which is a GPU Support Bracket on the back of my case to properly support the weight more evenly. Since I have installed this the issue is no longer there. It seems like the issue with these cards occurs because the weight of the card (without a GPU support bracket) is physically warping some plastic to cause this issue, or something on the fan shroud is not tightened adequately (I have heard one case of a user removing the fan shroud and re-attaching which resulted in the issue to go away, however I do not recommend you try this unless you know what you are doing, and this has still not been confirmed as the issue yet). However, this is unacceptable and should not be Asus' final remedy.

For the most expensive AIB available within the RTX 30 series range, my expectations were higher that there would not be such mass QA issues with these cards, especially for the price they are demanding. It's such a punch in the gut to buy a brand new product like this, then be told you have to send it out for an RMA, and then wait for a replacement / fix, it's pretty unacceptable for such a premium product. It's crazy that out of the about 8-10 or so Strix 3080 / 3090 owners I spoke with, they are all saying that they have also experienced these issue(s).

At this point this is pretty much a confirmed widespread issue affecting all, or a large percentage of Strix 3080 / 3090 owners. I think its fair that Asus either properly recalls these cards, or offers express replacements for their affected customers.
    Last edited by saintgothits; 11-12-2020 at 10:54 AM.

morph. PC Specs
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DXL-W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by saintgothits View Post
    Same issue with my Strix 3080 OC, vibration rattle occurs around 60-70% fan speed. LED bar came with no plastic, and pretty scuffed up.

I have found a remedy for the issue which is a GPU Support Bracket on the back of my case to properly support the weight more evenly. Since I have installed this the issue is no longer there. It seems like the issue with these cards occurs because the weight of the card (without a GPU support bracket) is physically warping some plastic to cause this issue, or something on the fan shroud is not tightened adequately (I have heard one case of a user removing the fan shroud and re-attaching which resulted in the issue to go away, however I do not recommend you try this unless you know what you are doing, and this has still not been.
    Mines vertically mounted and I can confirm the vertical bracket fully holds the card comfortably as it has an anti-sag contraption.

ROG Member Array

Also having this issue with my 3080 Strix, seems to be the middle fan at around 1650-1700rpm, higher or lower and the rattle isn't there. I have set a custom fan curve on the middle fan for now until Asus provides us with a fix for the issues

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by drkCrix View Post
    Also having this issue with my 3080 Strix, seems to be the middle fan at around 1650-1700rpm, higher or lower and the rattle isn't there. I have set a custom fan curve on the middle fan for now until Asus provides us with a fix for the issues
    Their fix was to RMA a brand new card and wait for it to be repaired with no ETA, they also told me that I was the only one with this issue, which is completely untrue. I mean c'mon Asus, this is clearly a mass manufacturing / design / QA issue. Pretty disappointing customer service.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast