Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Not sure if I have this issue also, but my oc 3090 right side (?) fan makes more annoying higher pitch noise that wobbles (uaaa-uaaa-uaa) and gets louder as the fan is set to spins faster (75+ clearly noticable). Center fan just makes normal fan noises 0-100. Was thinking if it could be a bit offbalance, looking at the stickers on the fans not being quite in the center. Anyway did test inside the computer case and outside on a pcie extender cable, to clear any other possible things making the noise. At this rate if the fan motor is bad it will fail soon enough. Need to inquire from where I bought it for a good time to return/RMA for replacement. Got plastic wrap on the side and backpanel, card package was in sealed brown box from asus.

OH and at 97% and above fan speed for the 2 fans there appears some annoying rattling sound. No help from pushing the panel with led lights. Closer inspection on the suspect fan, it looks like it might be pulsing *a bit between faster and slower spinning speed, that could explain the wobbling of the sound. Meanwhile games that dont heat up the card enough for the fans to speed up to 70%.
    Last edited by Wobbler; 11-14-2020 at 09:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Dear all,
    This issue has been reported.
    If there is any progress, I will keep you updated.
    Thank you.
    Should we submit an RMA request if we have this issue? Or wait until more information is available?

Thanks,

Chris

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hmmm now the middle fan has started to whine, *so 2 of 3 fans are whining, the first whiner perhaps has a little more lower pitch with slight varation to the sound. I hope these arent just some crappy fans with super noisy bearings. But on the other hand the rattling seems to have vanished *a bit strange.. must resist temptation of taking this a part and test the fans deattached..
    Last edited by Wobbler; 11-16-2020 at 05:32 PM.

ROG Member Array

Received my ROG STRIX 3090 OC today and have the same problem.. middle fan rattling very loud between 65 and 75% of fan speed. Same thing happens with the left and right fans above 80% fan speed. This is clearly a manufacturing defect if so many people experience this. Outragous for a GPU with a pricetag like this.

Moderator Array

Dear all Strix RTX 3090 users,
    If you have encountered the fan vibration issue.
    Please kindly PM me below information. (All are required)
    1.Full name
    2.Current Location( country/region)
    3.email or phone number
    4. product serial number
    We are trying to provide solution on this but need to prepare them first then we will reach out to you.
    Thank you so much.

ROG Member Array

I now suspect GPU sagging to be the cause of the rattling. The noise can be clearly reduced to zero / almost zero by lifting the far end of the GPU up a bit with a finger (in my case, at least). I'm receiving a height adjustable GPU strut tomorrow and will post my findings after installing.

@Blake, see PM.

ROG Member Array

Update: the strut does seem to relieve vibration on one side of the shroud but it is replaced by vibration of the other side, caused by the left fan. All in all i suspect loose shroud placement is to blame. I'll try tonight if I can tighten the screws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201118_105515721.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	500.9 KB 
ID:	86894

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Dear all Strix RTX 3090 users,
    If you have encountered the fan vibration issue.
    Please kindly PM me below information. (All are required)
    1.Full name
    2.Current Location( country/region)
    3.email or phone number
    4. product serial number
    We are trying to provide solution on this but need to prepare them first then we will reach out to you.
    Thank you so much.
    Hi Blake,

Can 3080 Strix users send you this information as well?

Thanks,

Chris

ROG Member Array

No, I've send him a message and he told me to open a new Thread for the 3080. I will do so in a few minutes. I also have exactly the same issues.

EDIT: @drkCrix see here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...033#post820033
    Last edited by Vader666; 11-18-2020 at 06:39 PM.

ROG Member Array

Small update: I put my case flat and stress-tested the card vertical: no more rattling. Unfortunately this card is so big I can't even mount it vertical as it would hit my CPU cooler. Hope Asus comes with a solution soon as the disappointment after 2 months of waiting on the card and then encountering this... is massive.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast