Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 203
  1. #51
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    **UPDATE**

    I'm not sure what finally did it, but on November 24th I was contacted by asus over the phone and they gave me the option to use their Advance Replacement Program. I didn't even know that such a program existed. I allowed them to put a hold on a credit card and they sent me a new card, allowing me 14 days to send mine back. Once I got the card it wasn't in a retail box, but was packaged nicely and had the protective film on the light bar that was missing from my retail card. Card ran a tad cooler and clocks were just as good. I sent mine back the same day. They've since recieved it and dropped the hold on my card. New card has no fan issues so I'm happy now. I'm not sure what qualified me for the advance replacement. Maybe I complained enough.
    We should make a list of all the people who's retail card didn't have film on the light bar, and then what retailers we got these from. Good luck to all and I hope your situations are resolved as well!

  2. #52
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    **UPDATE**

    I'm not sure what finally did it, but on November 24th I was contacted by asus over the phone and they gave me the option to use their Advance Replacement Program. I didn't even know that such a program existed. I allowed them to put a hold on a credit card and they sent me a new card, allowing me 14 days to send mine back. Once I got the card it wasn't in a retail box, but was packaged nicely and had the protective film on the light bar that was missing from my retail card. Card ran a tad cooler and clocks were just as good. I sent mine back the same day. They've since recieved it and dropped the hold on my card. New card has no fan issues so I'm happy now. I'm not sure what qualified me for the advance replacement. Maybe I complained enough.
    We should make a list of all the people who's retail card didn't have film on the light bar, and then what retailers we got these from. Good luck to all and I hope your situations are resolved as well!

    What was the phone number that asus contacted you with it atleast, or the area code if you do not want to share it? When did you contact Blake? I still have not received a call or email yet, just a reply from Blake stating that they'll be in contact with me.

  3. #53
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    22
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by funk3r View Post
    What was the phone number that asus contacted you with it atleast, or the area code if you do not want to share it? When did you contact Blake? I still have not received a call or email yet, just a reply from Blake stating that they'll be in contact with me.
    There is quite a few of us that still didn't receive any further info from either Blake or Asus itself, so let's hope that this is a good sign and things are moving in the right direction
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-13-2020 at 01:47 AM.

  4. #54
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    There is quite a few of us that still didn't receive any further info from either Blake or Asus itself, so let's hope that this is a good sign and things are moving in the right direction
    I don't know if it was a result of Blake's involvement or not.
    I also left an unfavorable review on Newegg. I wanted to update it as well, but the strix 3090 isn't listed there at the moment.

    The guy told me I could reach them at the number below..
    Proactive Care: 510 257 7780 (Mon-Fri, 9 am to 6 pm PST)

  5. #55
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    22
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    **UPDATE**

    I'm not sure what finally did it, but on November 24th I was contacted by asus over the phone and they gave me the option to use their Advance Replacement Program. I didn't even know that such a program existed. I allowed them to put a hold on a credit card and they sent me a new card, allowing me 14 days to send mine back. Once I got the card it wasn't in a retail box, but was packaged nicely and had the protective film on the light bar that was missing from my retail card. Card ran a tad cooler and clocks were just as good. I sent mine back the same day. They've since recieved it and dropped the hold on my card. New card has no fan issues so I'm happy now. I'm not sure what qualified me for the advance replacement. Maybe I complained enough.
    We should make a list of all the people who's retail card didn't have film on the light bar, and then what retailers we got these from. Good luck to all and I hope your situations are resolved as well!
    Congrats, Asus stepping up to the place

    You said It didn't come in retail box, but had the protective film on the RGB strip? did the card had the protective film on the shroud, centre chrome circles of the fans and backplate as well? I want to establish if the card was new and not someone else's return that was just fixed, did it look new? you never know how other were abusing the card .

    Thanks

  6. #56
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    22
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    I don't know if it was a result of Blake's involvement or not.
    I also left an unfavorable review on Newegg. I wanted to update it as well, but the strix 3090 isn't listed there at the moment.

    The guy told me I could reach them at the number below..
    Proactive Care: 510 257 7780 (Mon-Fri, 9 am to 6 pm PST)
    It must have been Blake's involvement, unless you call Asus or emailed them about that and requested new card prior to posting it on forum.

    Don't feel to bad about your review on NewEgg, it is what it is, cards shroud/fans where rattling so, nothing less to be expected but big disappointment.

    When you login to NewEgg you can still edit your review if you feel like Asus have rectified your issue.

    Good luck and enjoy your new card
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-13-2020 at 02:25 AM.

  7. #57
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    Congrats, Asus stepping up to the place

    You said It didn't come in retail box, but had the protective film on the RGB strip? did the card had the protective film on the shroud, centre chrome circles of the fans and backplate as well? I want to establish if the card was new and not someone else's return that was just fixed, did it look new? you never know how other were abusing the card .

    Thanks
    Great question. All of the film was in place. On the fans, and even on the thin aluminum pieces on the back plate. Asus rep did say it goes through testing before they send it. Either way it looks good, no annoying sounds, runs cool, and clocks great.
    What's odd to me is that my brand new retail card, had film everywhere but light bar. I wonder if someone from New egg peeked at it. Several people have mentioned theirs didn't have film on the light bar as well..

  8. #58
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    It must have been Blake's involvement, unless you call Asus or emailed them about that and requested new card prior to posting it on forum.

    Don't feel to bad about your review on NewEgg, it is what it is, cards shroud/fans where rattling so, nothing less to be expected but big disappointment.


    When you login to NewEgg you can still edit your review if you feel like Asus have rectified your issue.

    Good luck and enjoy your new card
    Not sure either way. Early on when I first called I asked if they did advanced replacement because I know other partners do, but the rep didn't say whether they did or not. It's definitely not something they offer right off of the bat..

  9. #59
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    22
    Posts
    122

    Quote Originally Posted by XskullbangerX View Post
    Great question. All of the film was in place. On the fans, and even on the thin aluminum pieces on the back plate. Asus rep did say it goes through testing before they send it. Either way it looks good, no annoying sounds, runs cool, and clocks great.
    What's odd to me is that my brand new retail card, had film everywhere but light bar. I wonder if someone from New egg peeked at it. Several people have mentioned theirs didn't have film on the light bar as well..
    When I got mine from Newegg it had protective film everywhere, it was completely brand new I suspect that the cards without film, especially on the RGB strip where repacked, returned and next customer end up getting them, but that's my suspicion.

    There are people who have no shame and could easily open both retail and shipping box without you even suspecting a thing which is rotten.

    I have been Asus workstation grade motherboards customer since I can remember with great experience, but this is my first Asus GPU and I feel that I can love their cards just as much, but the darn rattling it’s not good and a bit of a setback, It all depends on how and when Asus will rectify this in my case and I was about to pull the trigger on second Strix 3090 so I'm glad I'm holding on for now.

    Hopefully, someone will contact me as well and I'll get brand new replacement.

    Enjoy your card and thanks for chatting with me.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-13-2020 at 04:13 AM.

  10. #60
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    When I got mine from Newegg it had protective film everywhere, it was completely brand new I suspect that the cards without film, especially on the RGB strip where repacked, returned and next customer end up getting them, but that's my suspicion.

    There are people who have no shame and could easily open both retail and shipping box without you even suspecting a thing which is rotten.

    I have been Asus workstation grade motherboards customer since I can remember with great experience, but this is my first Asus GPU and I feel that I can love their cards just as much, but the darn rattling it’s not good and a bit of a setback, It all depends on how and when Asus will rectify this in my case and I was about to pull the trigger on second Strix 3090 so I'm glad I'm holding on for now.

    Hopefully, someone will contact me as well and I'll get brand new replacement.

    Enjoy your card and thanks for chatting with me.
    Don't wait on them. Be tenacious as hell. Call the number I posted and tell them another user got advanced replacement and you want the same... I want everyone thats having this issue to do that, otherwise they'll forget because it's the holidays and they're busy..

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •