cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z2EA will not boot, mb has pwr, START doesn't pwr on & pwr button doesn't pwr on

Camco
Level 7
Hi everyone. I have an issue with a system that has stumped me. Here's the system's specs:
Mb: Z2EA
RAM: CMW64GX4M8C3000C15
CPU: 3990X
Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow TR4
GPU: TUF GTX 1660 Super
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
Case: Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Storage: 4 x Sabrent Rocket 2TB PCIe 4 - 2 on the board, 2 in the DIMM 2 slot
I also have 2 Corsair Commander Pros and 2 Corsair RGB hubs for the fans (10 x Corsair LL120s, 3 x LL140s)

So, the issues are that the case power button doesn't boot the system, nor does the START button on the mb despite getting the initial RGBs and display on the top left of the mb to animate. I've triple checked the fp connectors, all of the mb power is secure on both ends, I know the GPU is working, tried 1 and also 8 RAM stick config according to the Z2EA manual. I'm at a loss as how to proceed forward. There are no active QLEDs either.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Check the way the board is mounted...contact etc...and if you have a spare PSU check that...check the correct power cables are connected

I appreciate your reply.
I just recently checked. It came with standoffs preinstalled in the case as well. I have no other spare psu. I also recently removed the cmos battery and also reseated the cpu. None of which worked yet. I hope something is not defective or needs RMA lol