Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

still no new stable bios

ROG Member Array

USB 2.0 issues gone.

Edit: Spoke too soon, USB 2.0 issues are still present from time to time.
    Last edited by martin84a; 01-30-2021 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Spoke to soon, issues still appear from time to time

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by lzeppelin View Post
    still no new stable bios
    I spoke too soon as well. USB is fine, but just got a WHEA error crash on Half-Life Alyx. I don't know if I should try the other motherboard or keep hoping for a new bios.

Edit: Swapping to a motherboard with a non-beta ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.0 bios. If this doesn't fix the WHEA errors I'm completing the RMA on the CPU.
    Last edited by garfong_; 02-01-2021 at 12:11 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Feverdog View Post
    Just placed same components into an MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi board which I got for my son - no issues whatsoever with usb ports, and XMP/DOCP profiles booting fine!!! So.....it doesn't hold true that all boards are effected, and definitely something with this board - question is whether to return this Asus board as duff, we need to know if its a physical issue or simply bios and so fixable
    -So I just installed the exact same MSI board and can confirm that the USB issues were gone. There is definitely something wrong with the B550E board. Not sure if it's bios or physical.

-My WHEA errors didn't go away. I'm attempting to RMA my AMD 5900X. I may try to RMA the ASUS board as well though given the USB issues. I've also heard that the 2.5gbps port doesn't work above 1gbps but that later revisions to the board fixed it. So maybye they fixed the USB issues as well?

New ROGer Array

USB Issue

Same issue here. Brand new Scan 3XS, B550-E, 5800x, RTX380. Keyboard and mouse lag and stuttering straight out the box.

Found this forum 2 days later and have solved it with the c-state / typical bios settings.

But generally unhappy I cant use 6 USB ports as intended. And not sure what have had to sacrifice to enact this temporary fix.

Help us ASUS!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dr3Ame3r View Post
    There's no success with those disabled or changed to Typical. I had to buy an USB 3.0 hub to solve this issue. Just buy it, its about 11 euros and stop complaining.

The most annoying thing is that JS(javascript/react/vuejs) websites, any websites, if you use an AIO (Kraken X63 in my case) sometimes they tend to use SO much power out of the cpu, that it drags it to nearly 95*C and i'm not kidding
    I hope AMD Agesa newer versions will fix this issue cause its annoying
    i have the same problems:
    make CPU undervolting offset -0.2 and for usb 2.0 chose Global C-state Central - disable,USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) - disable,Power Supply Idle - Typical Current Idle.

ROG Member Array

Do the rest of you have any issues with USB Logitech or Razer webcams not delivering smooth frames on this board? My old board, they were smooth as silk, but on this thing they stutter and skip frames. Doesn't matter if using the mfr driver or UVC one. C States stuff above makes no difference. Not experiencing the disconnect issues unless I plug in a lot of things at once, at which point all the usb stuff will reset .

I'm on a 3700X w/ 64GB 4x16 DDR4-3600 bl2k16g36c16u4r) -- afraid to upgrade to 1801 as everything is working fine -- no WHEA errors. Prior to this, my system was hard locking (no BSOD) at random on my previous Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 (2x8gb) with BIOS 1401. I reverted back to 1216 and upgraded the RAM and that seemed to do the trick.
    Last edited by StarFlame9X; 02-02-2021 at 03:28 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin79 View Post
    Same issue here, I noticed it as soon as I started the windows 10 installation on my new build. Mouse and keyboard connected to rear USB 2.0 ports were stuttering and unusable. I think I solved disabling Global C-State Central and setting Power Supply idle Control to Typical in the bios. B550-E, 5800X and 3070 RTX here. I was thinking to change my motherboard but probably it's a generalized problem with X570/B550. We should contact AMD and ask if an AGESA update is expected to solve this problem.
    Same here. Couldnt understand why i couldnt type on setting up windows. Ever since ive had these issues all day every day. All usb internal and external disconnect randomly.

I seemed to have it fixed by disabling PCIe 4. then updated to 1801 BIOS and it came back. Disabled the PCIe 4 again, this time it continued. Disabled global C State after reading about it. No change. Put a lot of money in to this new build and my b450f had no problems. Now its just unusable for anything. How can this problem be so bad?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Same here. Couldnt understand why i couldnt type on setting up windows. Ever since ive had these issues all day every day. All usb internal and external disconnect randomly.

I seemed to have it fixed by disabling PCIe 4. then updated to 1801 BIOS and it came back. Disabled the PCIe 4 again, this time it continued. Disabled global C State after reading about it. No change. Put a lot of money in to this new build and my b450f had no problems. Now its just unusable for anything. How can this problem be so bad?
    What is your configuration?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    From what I've been reading -- in addition to setting Global C-States to Disabled, try forcing PCIe x16 to Gen 3, setting Power Supply Idle Control to Typical Current Load, disabling USB Power Delivery and setting Aura Lighting to Static. Also try disabling USB Selective Suspend in Windows Power Options? Let me know if any/all (combine all of it incrementally) of that helps. In my case I'm not getting disconnects, my webcams just stutter like crazy (with or without those settings)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast