Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

He means the USB 2.0 stutter and lag with the ports.. Try connecting a mouse\keyboard to some of the usb2.0 ports and you will notice you're mouse will randomly stop working sometimes.. at this point I am not sure if there's even possible fix as it might be a hardware issue..

ROG Enthusiast Array

working fine on my Rog strix b550-e gaming

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just plug your mouse to one of the usb 2.0 ports on the back, and then test for some time, sooner or later it will cause your mouse to stop for a moment. That's a known bug and is still not fixed. IT only works fine on the Flashback bios port since it's wired differently. The issue stops for some when using static aura, or disabling global c-states \ idle setup for psu

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by yukich View Post
    Just plug your mouse to one of the usb 2.0 ports on the back, and then test for some time, sooner or later it will cause your mouse to stop for a moment. That's a known bug and is still not fixed. IT only works fine on the Flashback bios port since it's wired differently. The issue stops for some when using static aura, or disabling global c-states \ idle setup for psu
    Plus: GPU need to be able to support PCIE Gen4 and enabled(or Auto) in the BIOS.

New ROGer Array

I have now Bios 1801 and do all this:

Global C-state Central - set to disable,
    USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) - set to disable,
    Power Supply Idle Control - set to Typical Current Idle.

Issue is still there. I start with Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Issue kick my USB out, and i think the kick Bluetooth out too.
    Discord streaming still not work.

just waiting for new bios?! i hope asus still working on this issue.

whats with you all? still had issues?

ROG Member Array

It is so strange!
    According to a bunch of users USB issue started in a bios update around August last year.
    I don't understand why asus still doesn't want to hear our complaints.
    Luckily I bought this mobo with amazon, and I will make the return shortly before time runs out.
    This is not small problem. An advanced user can understand and move the mouse to a USB 3 port because he reads the forums, or wait for a new bios.
    But any common user who sees his mouse not working properly, makes return immediately.
    And then I have a doubt, why did Asus put an updated b550-E on the market? (B550-XE) Only for the more power phases?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorR9 5900X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3800MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 ULTRA
    Sound CardMotu M2
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe
    Storage #2plenty
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax.black
    CaseNZXT H700
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by lzeppelin View Post
    It is so strange!
    why did Asus put an updated b550-E on the market? (B550-XE) Only for the more power phases?
    No, it has only two RAM slots and more high quality traces, it's for extreme memory OC.

Regarding the USB issues, I haven't noticed any with the newly released AGESA 1.2.0.0 bioses, that is on four motherboards: CH8 WiFi, CH7, B550-F and X470-Prime Pro. However, I use a lot of custom settings which may or may not improve the situation. No USB issues on any of those four motherboards anyway.
    R9 5900X - X570 Crosshair VIII Hero/WiFi(bios 3101) - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB@3800 - Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.black - EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 ULTRA - NZXT H700 w. Chromax.black fans - Corsair RM850x - 1TB 970 Evo Plus

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Burni81 View Post
    I have now Bios 1801 and do all this:

Global C-state Central - set to disable,
    USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) - set to disable,
    Power Supply Idle Control - set to Typical Current Idle.

Issue is still there. I start with Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Issue kick my USB out, and i think the kick Bluetooth out too.
    Discord streaming still not work.

just waiting for new bios?! i hope asus still working on this issue.

whats with you all? still had issues?
    What is your graphics card? is it a pcie 4 card? Based on what I read on internet, this usb 2.0 issue continues even after setting Global C-state Central disabled if you install a graphics card with pcie 4. You can experiment it if its really the case by manually limiting your graphics card's pcie lanes to gen 3 in bios settings.

My graphics card is RTX 2080, so it is pcie gen 3 and when I disable Global C-state Central setting in bios (or setting Power Supply Idle Control to typical), the usb 2.0 issue is completely fixed. I have been using it like this for a good 2 months now. I have updated my bios whenever there is a new version and this setting worked across all of bios versions I have tried. I also played Horizon Zero Dawn and did Discord streaming multiple times, no issues for me for USB 2.0 and bluetooth. For reference I disabled PBO settings and running my CPU (Ryzen 5900x) at stock settings.

With thats being said, I suffer from cold boot issues when I activate my XMP profile for my RAM sticks. I have also noticed that if I completely cut the power of mobo (by turning off PSU power switch), it sometimes messes with my bios Advanced Power Management(APM) settings.

For example I set "USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5)" to disabled so that when I turn off pc the power of USB ports will be cut off. It works as expected as long as there is power running through the motherboard, but after cutting the mbo power completely off and turn it back on, my usb ports will have power despite that explicit bios setting. It means after a power off, some bios settings are reset and during cold boot they are not applied. Its a wild guess but I think its directly related with cold boot issue I have been experiencing when I activate XMP profile.

I think this is how cold boot problem happens:
    Default dram voltage is 1.2V (DDR4 2400mhz jedec standard) but when I acivate my XMP profile, dram voltage is bump up to 1.35V to achieve thighter timings and higher frequencies.

When mobo power is turned off and turned back on, like the example I explained before some settings will be reset won't be applied during cold boot. I suspect the dram voltage is one of the settings that are not applied during cold boot.

So basically this is what happens next; after a power cut off, When I try to boot my system up again (peforming cold boot), system tries to boot with XMP timings and frequencies, but dram voltage won't be applied properly, so bios tries to boot system up with 1.2V instead of 1.35V. Of course 1.2V is far too low for my XMP frequencies and timings so it fails to boot. It also explains how some people dont experience cold boot issues and some do. If XMP profile of ram sticks is not so challenging or got lucky with silicon lottery 1.2V is enough and people won't experience cold boot issues with those sticks, otherwise welp ... we are on the same boat :P

As I said before, these are my wild guesses, I have no proof other than my observations.
    Last edited by Rainb0W; 01-22-2021 at 08:08 PM.

ROG Member Array

I wish I'd known about these issues before building this PC, having the USB 2.0 ports flaking out on me. At first having my desk a mess and mouse was on the glossy table I was thinking it was that, til I realised the leds on the mouse were going on and off too, and of course then thought maybe I have a motherboard or PSU fault

Power Supply Idle Control to typical is what fixed it for me, (with a 5600x, 980 (waiting for 3080), and 32gb ram in 2x16gb)

The ram sticks are 3600mhz CL18 rated, but can't get DOCP running without getting BSOD moments after install, the best (without really knowing what I'm doing) is DOCP but then selecting 3200speed instead, but then its with the 3600 timings of 18-22-22-42

Very disappointed so far with the flakeyness of the current system, and checking daily for BIOS updates

ROG Member Array

Just placed same components into an MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi board which I got for my son - no issues whatsoever with usb ports, and XMP/DOCP profiles booting fine!!! So.....it doesn't hold true that all boards are effected, and definitely something with this board - question is whether to return this Asus board as duff, we need to know if its a physical issue or simply bios and so fixable

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast