Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

For me personally C-states only helped on desktop, moment I turned game on the stuttering was back
    Would be nice to hear some sort of official statement regarding this, do I need to RMA or will it be fixed with bios?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raven41 View Post
    new bios 1202
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
    1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
    2. Improve system performance and stability
    3. Improved DRAM compatibility
    I turned off Power Supply Idle Control to Typical, and now everything seems to be fine, still, it happened to me ONLY when sharing my screen(teamviewer, anydesk, discord and so on)

Current bios is 1401.

ROG Member Array

Hello everyone.... bios 1401 is giving many problems to me, in addition to the keyboard and mouse to freeze.
    How can I downgrade the bios to a previous release?
    EZ Flash won't let me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by lzeppelin View Post
    Hello everyone.... bios 1401 is giving many problems to me, in addition to the keyboard and mouse to freeze.
    How can I downgrade the bios to a previous release?
    EZ Flash won't let me.
    What kind of issues are you having? Would be nice to know for future reference.
    Did you try flashing through the USB port in the back while computer is turned off?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKuroe View Post
    For me personally C-states only helped on desktop, moment I turned game on the stuttering was back
    Would be nice to hear some sort of official statement regarding this, do I need to RMA or will it be fixed with bios?
    Yeah its really sucks, I am using this mobo with a ryzen 5900x, keyboard and mouse was staggering af with "out of the box default bios settings". I mean pc is unusable like that, how can they release a bios version in such state, it really beats me. Fortunately after trial and error for hours I discovered these settings. But that is not the only issue for me.

My pc refuses to boot with a cold boot at the first time with D.O.C.P settings for my ram, my fans are blowing at full speed but my display stays black. If I wait like 20-25 seconds then do a hard reset, next time pc boosts normally with D.O.C.P frequency and no issues after that. If I do a warm boot afterwards it boots at first time normally as well. I tried many settings in the bios but no result. If anyone has encountered this problem and know the solution, please let me know as well becouse its really bugging me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dr3Ame3r View Post
    I turned off Power Supply Idle Control to Typical, and now everything seems to be fine, still, it happened to me ONLY when sharing my screen(teamviewer, anydesk, discord and so on)

Current bios is 1401.
    Worked until i rebooted, now its back, only disabling C States works. We need a fix for this asap, also, my core voltage is kinda high in idle, its like 1.475v, i don't know what to say about that.(i have a Kraken X63 AIO and helps keeping temps under 85*c but this motherboard...we need a better bios asap)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dr3Ame3r View Post
    Worked until i rebooted, now its back, only disabling C States works. We need a fix for this asap, also, my core voltage is kinda high in idle, its like 1.475v, i don't know what to say about that.(i have a Kraken X63 AIO and helps keeping temps under 85*c but this motherboard...we need a better bios asap)
    yes, voltages are a bit high. In bios my idle volt is 1.472v as well (Ryzen 5900x CPU), but in windows it drops down when cpu utilization is low, and my temps never hit over 79*C in stress tests (tried with CPU-Z, cinebench r20, prime95 and OCCT benchmarks, I have Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 280mm as cooler) but during benchmarks cpu core volts go up to 1.49v according to ryzen master and I think thats a bit too much, I will try set a negative voltage offset from bios later but I am waiting new bios releases and AGESA patches from AMD, because right now its messy and unstable with ryzen 5000 series CPUs.

New ROGer Array

I am expereincing both those issues Rainbow. Mouse and keyboard freezing in USB2 ports and the cold boot issue.

I've got a 5800x and 4x8gb Flarex bdie at DOCP 3200CL14.

When I manually OC ram to 3800CL16 I got SIGNIFICANTLY worse boot problems. It would take 2-5 resets in order to pass boot, but then be 100% stable in windows, stress tests and gaming.

I think this motherboard needs VRAM boot voltage option. Please ASUS help us out

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mahd_mahn View Post
    I am expereincing both those issues Rainbow. Mouse and keyboard freezing in USB2 ports and the cold boot issue.

I've got a 5800x and 4x8gb Flarex bdie at DOCP 3200CL14.

When I manually OC ram to 3800CL16 I got SIGNIFICANTLY worse boot problems. It would take 2-5 resets in order to pass boot, but then be 100% stable in windows, stress tests and gaming.

I think this motherboard needs VRAM boot voltage option. Please ASUS help us out
    Thanks for the information,
    Good to know that I am not the only one who have cold boot issues. When I search this problem online, not much comes up with asus b550-e and to be honest I was thinking that my mobo or ram sticks were defective. USB2 port problems are fixed for me after I changed Power Supply Idle Control to Typical (or disabling global c-state control) in bios, but I couldn't find any solution to this cold boot issue apart from running my rams at JEDEC 2133Mhz 1.2v standart, and it sucks considering how much ryzen cpus gain from low latency and high frequencies.

My RAM kit is 32gb (two 16gb sticks, dual rank b-die) with XMP profile of 3600Mhz at 16-16-16-34 timings at 1.35v.
    With xmp on, that cold boot issue happens. I also tried manually tuning my rams with more voltage, looser timings(as high as CL18), lower frequencies (down to the 3200Mhz) with bunch of different configurations but I haven't tried to set voltage to 1.2v and set a proper timings and frequency that would work on 1.2v (but again, how much one can push the rams at 1.2v, its far too low for an acceptable timing and frequency -.-). But for the sake of testing your argument about ram boot voltage, I might try it out later.

If someone from Asus or someone who has experienced this issue and found a solution, reads this please help us.
    Last edited by Rainb0W; 12-23-2020 at 10:56 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi, you are not alone. I also have those problems with USB and cold boot. In my case, boot fine up to 3600 18-18-18. One step below cl18 cant perform clean boot after power lost. The system is stable at 3800 14-14-14 . If shutting down the PSU and then try to start the PC ,Qcode stuck on 0d, one click on the RESTART button and everything work fine and stable under windows.I also think it's something with the starting voltage.
    PC spec
    cpu R3900x
    ram Viper Steel 4400cl19 2x8gb
    mobo Rog strix b550-e gaming
    gpu Vega 64
    psu corsair hx850w
    M.2 samsung 970 Evo plus
    I hope they solve this annoying problems.
    Last edited by Macholla; 12-24-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast