cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX505DT Led under keyboard missing or dead

rounakr94
Level 7
Hello,
I see that some led under my laptop keyboard is missing/dead. Also some led are brighter than others.
Is this normal? This happens in all colours R,G,B. All others things in the laptop works fine.
My laptop is an Asus TUF FX505DT-BQ596T with Ryzen 3550H and 1650
1 REPLY 1

iamsantelmo
Level 7
rounakr94 wrote:
Hello,
I see that some led under my laptop keyboard is missing/dead. Also some led are brighter than others.
Is this normal? This happens in all colours R,G,B. All others things in the laptop works fine.
My laptop is an Asus TUF FX505DT-BQ596T with Ryzen 3550H and 1650

I have the same with my 5 month old TUF FA706IU but not dead LEDs just some are a bit brighter. You are even lucky thats the only problem you have. my keyboard's keys are starting to peel off/ wear off. i dont know why or how. Some online TUF users said it may be because of the heat. Some of the hot air will come out in between the keys.

The asus hotline agent said it is not normal for this to happen to a New unit. The service center tech guy said the same, and that it could be a bad paint job at the factory. It can't also be covered with the 1 year Platinum or the 2 year warranty since it does not affect the performance or usability of the laptop. So i just bought a separate gaming laptop. I dont want to go through the hassle of leaving my laptop (with files in it) at the service center for 2-6 weeks...