cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XII Formula - cannot enable Bluetooth

Brianz72
Level 7
Specs in manual say this mobo will be BT 5.1 capable with Windows 10 build 19041 or later (which mine is). However, I when I try to install the Asus driver for Bluetooth, the install just runs a batch that flashes for a second, closes, and then nothing has changed even after reboot.

I have no BT in taskbar or devices/drivers. What is the deal?! Any suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

cljustin
Level 8
Are you installing the latest version (22.0.0)? Also, try running it as Administrator.

I just downloaded Intel's 22.0.0 driver and installed it. Run as administrator (always). Yet, same thing. No bluetooth in task bar, no bluetooth settings available, no bluetooth in devices/drivers.

The mobo description said it was bluetooth-enabled with 5.1 but it's just not appearing to be the case. Does anybody have bluetooth with this mobo?

Also - troubleshooter says I do not have bluetooth capability (despite the mobo product description from Asus). Yet the bluetooth services are running. I think I got a bad board with dead bluetooth. Too bad the whole system is 100% built. Guess I have to get a dongle. Disappointing.