cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX 570 E Gaming - no DRAM Voltage past 1.35V possible

Simonus79
Level 7
Dear All, I really hope someone here can help me with a problem I am having.. I bought components for a new PC and I have the ASUS ROG STRIX 570 E Gaming MB + G.Skill RAMS 2x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 and I am having problems running the RAM at 3600Mhz smoothly, it tends to crash in Games.. I am not having any issues at about 3000Mhz though. The Voltage is 1.35V and that is what my problem is, I am not able to increase the Voltage beyond 1.35V.. It even says max. 1.35V in the BIOS but I cannot believe that this is really true? Is there any way to increase that further by changing some setting that lets me overclock how I see fit? I have read that 1.4V might stabilize the RAMS and I really wanted to test that, thank you very much for your help, you are my last hope as I have basically searched all of the internet already, I am quite sure there is some setting in the BIOS that removes the restriction but I cant find it .. Please help me! Thanks 😃
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
There is a Beta Bios 2812 available from support. Try it out and report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Works fine for me on every BIOS version.. How are you setting RAM Voltage exactly?

Sinistercr0c
Level 8
As per Dan69's comment - how are you setting both your RAM timings and voltage? D.O.C.P (AMD's version of XMP) is not the way to do it. You need to set the following primary timings manually in BIOS to whatever G.Skill has noted for your model of RAM:

TCL, TRCD, TRP, TRAS, TRC.

Also you should manually set your RAM to its rated speed in the appropriate menu within BIOS (AI tweaker menu, memory frequency option)

In addition you need to go into the relevant menu and manually increase your DRAM voltage by hitting the '+' key and upping it to say 1.355v or whatever your're comfortable with.

Apologies if you have done all this, but you do not say so I have to assume you have just tried to set the DOCP speed, which is not going to provide the stability your looking for.

RedSector73
Level 12
Simonus79 wrote:
G.Skill RAMS 2x16GB 3600Mhz CL16

Most likely Hynix RAM, throwing voltage at it will not help. And DOCP should work.
Manually set FLCK frequency to 1900MHz

Can you confirm RAM is in slots 2 & 4 from CPU?