cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GU - CPU fan rpm reading issue

baczeks9696
Level 8
Hello,

I've been battling this issue since late august, to no avail.
Quite often the armoury crate will not show the CPU fan rpm reading, and when this happens aforementioned fan will behave in very weird way (ramping up to about 80%, while the CPU is idle, and after 2-3 minutes backing down to normal rpm, and repeats this cycle constantly). GPU fan always shows reading and does not behave in this strange way. Also the cpu stat readings tend to break as well.

After using the pc for some time the reading will come back, however i don’t know what triggers it. Also when the reading is present the cpu fan behaves normaly as it always has been. Reinstalling armoury crate fixes the issue imediately, but it often comes back again in matter of days. Also the windows updates tend to break it too. I've tried multiple BIOS versions, and all are susceptible to this issue. It feels like their is some kind of conflict between ASUS fan controlers and windows.

Has anyone run into the same issue, or am I alone in this one?

Best regards 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

KorosuKivy
Level 10
baczeks9696 wrote:
Hello,

I've been battling this issue since late august, to no avail.
Quite often the armoury crate will not show the CPU fan rpm reading, and when this happens aforementioned fan will behave in very weird way (ramping up to about 80%, while the CPU is idle, and after 2-3 minutes backing down to normal rpm, and repeats this cycle constantly). GPU fan always shows reading and does not behave in this strange way. Also the cpu stat readings tend to break as well.

After using the pc for some time the reading will come back, however i don’t know what triggers it. Also when the reading is present the cpu fan behaves normaly as it always has been. Reinstalling armoury crate fixes the issue imediately, but it often comes back again in matter of days. Also the windows updates tend to break it too. I've tried multiple BIOS versions, and all are susceptible to this issue. It feels like their is some kind of conflict between ASUS fan controlers and windows.

Has anyone run into the same issue, or am I alone in this one?

Best regards 🙂

what preset are you using?

Windows/silent/performance/turbo?

have you tried to reinstall armoury crate?

KorosuKivy wrote:
what preset are you using?

Windows/silent/performance/turbo?

have you tried to reinstall armoury crate?

Hi, 🙂

It happens on every preset, and I've reinstalled the AC countless times unfortunately.

Best regards

baczeks9696 wrote:
Hi, 🙂

It happens on every preset, and I've reinstalled the AC countless times unfortunately.

Best regards

If a Windows system Reset doesn't fix it if it's still under retailer warranty return it. otherwise, Asus will just say "send it into their RMA centre"

KorosuKivy wrote:
If a Windows system Reset doesn't fix it if it's still under retailer warranty return it. otherwise, Asus will just say "send it into their RMA centre"

The issue still persists after full clean win 10 reinstall. I'm confused as to what the issue is

Edit: Reconecting the fan on the motherboard yielded no result as well.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello baczeks9696,
We have released solution for such issue.
Please kindly reboot the device, and after reboot, please DO NOT open Armoury Crate.
Then connect to internet and wait for 15 minutes.
Then go to C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation.exe to run the exe.
Check if "ArmouryCrate.ThrottleGearMergeModule" has been updated to version 3.2.5.4 or latter.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello baczeks9696,
We have released solution for such issue.
Please kindly reboot the device, and after reboot, please DO NOT open Armoury Crate.
Then connect to internet and wait for 15 minutes.
Then go to C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\ArmouryCrate.InstallationInformation.exe to run the exe.
Check if "ArmouryCrate.ThrottleGearMergeModule" has been updated to version 3.2.5.4 or latter.
Thank you.

Hi Blake,
Thank you for your input.
I've checked and it has been updated to the 3.2.5.4 version.
Issue unfortunately still present. I've fixed it for some time by reconnecting the fan connector on the board, however it still happens sometimes after waking my PC from sleep. It used to just plain not work every time i've booted my PC. This time however, quick restart of the PC fixes it every time. So issue is atleast managable.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello baczeks9696,
How everything? do you still have the issue?
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello baczeks9696,
How everything? do you still have the issue?
Thank you.

Hi, most of the time issue happens for split second very rarely and it just loads in the rpm after some time and its all good.
Today, however it happend again and it just doesn't want to work for some reason. First time in like 3 months, so I don't know what happend all of the sudden.
I've had Myasus updated yesterday, though i doubt it's a culprit. What's your dev status on this issue?

Best regards