ROG Enthusiast Array

GL504GW ROG Lid Logo Led Flickering / White is Yellow

I recently noticed that the ROG logo on the lid is flickering/flashing sometimes and it is really noticeable when you have a static color such as red. Also I tried changing the color to white and I noticed it's more yellow than white compared to the keyboard. I have the latest armoury crate 3.1.6 and keyboard firmware installed so I am not sure if its a hardware or software issue.

Can someone else with a similar laptop (GL504/GL704) also check if the issue exists as well?

EDIT: I made a video demonstrating the issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW05...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by mbushnaq00; 11-03-2020 at 08:39 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bump!
    Can someone please help and check if the issue exists in your laptop (GL504/GL704) as well.

Just choose a static red led in Armoury Crate and see if the ROG logo on the lid flickers every couple of seconds

I would like to know if its a hardware or firmware issue.

New ROGer Array

Same

I have the same problem on my Strix scar II GL504GW. Have you found out the problem?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Juli337 View Post
    I have the same problem on my Strix scar II GL504GW. Have you found out the problem?
    I have sent my laptop for repair for other issues and they have replaced the motherboard, battery, heatsink/fans, and antenna. For some reason, after the replacement, the flickering is gone and everything works as it should. My guess would be either the motherboard or the battery (power delivery).