cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for you pro's on here.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I was wondering if anyone has tried the AI auto oc on asus z490 mobo's?
Is it safe? I have tried to find a yt vids on oc'ing my 10850k but can not find any, alot of 10900k vids but not sure if I can follow those?

If anyone has used the AI auto OC'ing, how has the experince been?

Thanks in advance.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
1 REPLY 1

pianobench
Level 7
I am not a pro at overclocking. Just like to tinker and play with settings. I originally had the 1st gen Intel Core i7 930 CPU before I took the step to upgrade to a Core i7 10700K CPU.

So I was unfamiliar with how newer Core CPUs overclock. But I just happened to buy Asus as my last motherboard was Asus, so I was familiar with the branding. My older x58 platform was the rampage series and I liked that series. However branding has changed and the old maximus rampage series branched off to become some niche motherboard platform for LGA 2066 chip and the maximus line became a super high end line of motherboards.

So I went with Asus's new lower mid range tier of motherboards, the Asus ROG Z490-F series. And I lucked out in that Asus implemented an Ai overclocking algorithm. I just tried the Ai initially to see what it can do for my 10700K. My 10700K had an SP rating of 93 and the Ai overclocked my CPU to 4.9GHz from 4.7GHz.

That was on the bios version 0403.

It seemed like a low overclock and voltage was not at all impressive. But it did help guide me in what I settings I should be changing in order to get a good OC. I would use HWinfo along with Intel XTU to observe what settings the Ai algorithm was changing. There were some weird instances where the Ai would change the AC/DC load line values to be different from one another and thus the voltages reported in HWinfo and voltage measured at the back at the MLCC would be vastly different. And not at all what I would expect.

I would normally expect the voltage in HWinfo to read higher than the voltages read at the back of the motherboard on the MLCCs.

I don't use any of the VF point offsets or offset voltages plus additional turbo voltage. I now just apply a good load line calibration of lvl 4 and follow the Shamino post on how to trim voltage levels via. AC/DC load line values.

The load line calibration lvl drops the voltage as work load increases on the VRM sides and the AC/DC load line drops the voltage as work load increases on the AC/DC side (or power side).