Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    43
    Posts
    878

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat View Post
    With my 4 x B-Die and these newer BIOSes I was only stable at 2133 so I ditched 2 and am stable at 3200 14-14-14-14-28 now. The first step was still finding settings that were stable at 2133. I went from there. Have you found any stable settings with the new BIOS?
    DOCP and have 3800 CL14 1:1 1900 IF
    4 x RAM

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    157

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat View Post
    With my 4 x B-Die and these newer BIOSes I was only stable at 2133 so I ditched 2 and am stable at 3200 14-14-14-14-28 now. The first step was still finding settings that were stable at 2133. I went from there. Have you found any stable settings with the new BIOS?
    Yes, I did... the values posted by RedSector73 but with DRAM Voltage set to 1.37v.
    Did ypu set all the values from Calculator, also the ones from Power Supply System section?
    What are your RAM exact model?

    Baio
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 3900XT COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX860i VGA Sapphire RX 5700 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 970PRO NVVe 512Gb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech G903 + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G513

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    157

    Left the pc on all night long with MemTest running with 1.37v DRAM Voltage, reboot was ok but got a BSOD loading Windows (Kernel Security Check Failure).

    Baio
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 3900XT COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX860i VGA Sapphire RX 5700 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 970PRO NVVe 512Gb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech G903 + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G513

  4. #14
    ROG Member Array WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) w/BIOS 3003
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)4 x 8GB PVS416G440C9K (non-QVL) @3600
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 2080Ti Gaming OC
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer x27
    Storage #1Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    Storage #22 x Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    CPU CoolerNoctua D15S
    CaseSilverstone FT02
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
    Headset/Speakers 2 x PSB Alpha PS1
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Baio73 View Post
    Yes, I did... the values posted by RedSector73 but with DRAM Voltage set to 1.37v.
    Did ypu set all the values from Calculator, also the ones from Power Supply System section?
    What are your RAM exact model?

    Baio
    I started at 2133, got that stable with everything on auto (cleared CMOS, loaded BIOS defaults, restarted), then increased the memory speed in steps to get to 3200. I was able to get to 3733 stable, but I had to set PBO Fmax to DISABLED - which costs performance. Once it was stable at 2133 I set the 14, 14, 14, 14 and 28 values and the rest to AUTO. I used this to get to 3200 in steps. Then I dialled in the 1usmus memory settings, which worked. My RAM is at 1.38V according to HWinfo.

    To stop errors I've had to set SOC/Uncore OC Mode to DISABLED, and the Power Plan to Ryzen High Performance. This may also be relevant in your case (from The Stilt) in regard to using PBOFmax in its ENABLED state:

    "So regarding the idle restart issue, aka "Event 41" problem:

    Based on the testing, disabling option called "DF CStates" found in AMD CBS-menu (Advanced / AMD CBS / NBIO Common Options / SMU Common Options) should solve the issue.

    The CBS-menu also contains a second C-State related option (Global C-State Control) that has some redundant functionality and can be used as well however, if this option is used it will negatively affect both the CPU power consumption and performance as well. Because of that, the "Global C-State Control" setting should remain at the default "Auto" setting, while the "DF CState" -setting should be disabled.

    Unless the user encounters the idle restart symptom associated with the "41 code" events in the Windows Even Viewer, there is no need for the user to change this setting.

    Both the problem and the fix are universal, and not either ASUS or Crosshair VIII specific."

    The Stilt also advised:

    "Also, the described behaviour has only been tested while the "Ai Overclock Tuner" option is set to "Manual" and the "Performance Enhancer" option to "Default". Due to the auto-rules (“do if's”) potentially affecting the other setting combinations, it's on the user’s responsibility to ensure that the parameters remain where they should be, if any other combinations are being used."

    Mine are B-die but non-QVL Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 4400MHz PVS416G440C9K. The other 2 were the same but not part of a kit of 4. I haven't been able to get past 3200 with 2 sticks and stay stable, but performance is similar to what I had at 3600 or 3733 because I'm at 14-14-14-14-28 with PBO Fmax ENABLED.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    157

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat View Post
    I started at 2133, got that stable with everything on auto (cleared CMOS, loaded BIOS defaults, restarted), then increased the memory speed in steps to get to 3200. I was able to get to 3733 stable, but I had to set PBO Fmax to DISABLED - which costs performance. Once it was stable at 2133 I set the 14, 14, 14, 14 and 28 values and the rest to AUTO. I used this to get to 3200 in steps. Then I dialled in the 1usmus memory settings, which worked. My RAM is at 1.38V according to HWinfo.

    To stop errors I've had to set SOC/Uncore OC Mode to DISABLED, and the Power Plan to Ryzen High Performance. This may also be relevant in your case (from The Stilt) in regard to using PBOFmax in its ENABLED state:

    "So regarding the idle restart issue, aka "Event 41" problem:

    Based on the testing, disabling option called "DF CStates" found in AMD CBS-menu (Advanced / AMD CBS / NBIO Common Options / SMU Common Options) should solve the issue.

    The CBS-menu also contains a second C-State related option (Global C-State Control) that has some redundant functionality and can be used as well however, if this option is used it will negatively affect both the CPU power consumption and performance as well. Because of that, the "Global C-State Control" setting should remain at the default "Auto" setting, while the "DF CState" -setting should be disabled.

    Unless the user encounters the idle restart symptom associated with the "41 code" events in the Windows Even Viewer, there is no need for the user to change this setting.

    Both the problem and the fix are universal, and not either ASUS or Crosshair VIII specific."

    The Stilt also advised:

    "Also, the described behaviour has only been tested while the "Ai Overclock Tuner" option is set to "Manual" and the "Performance Enhancer" option to "Default". Due to the auto-rules (“do if's”) potentially affecting the other setting combinations, it's on the user’s responsibility to ensure that the parameters remain where they should be, if any other combinations are being used."

    Mine are B-die but non-QVL Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 4400MHz PVS416G440C9K. The other 2 were the same but not part of a kit of 4. I haven't been able to get past 3200 with 2 sticks and stay stable, but performance is similar to what I had at 3600 or 3733 because I'm at 14-14-14-14-28 with PBO Fmax ENABLED.
    Thanks for your replay. I'm writing so late as I wanted to test my system well.
    Now I can say that setting SOC/Uncore OC Mode to Disabled has resolved my boot/Windows loading problems. I'm on RedSector73's safe values at the moment, I'm gonna try to lower the timings as soon as possible.

    Baio
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 3900XT COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX860i VGA Sapphire RX 5700 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 970PRO NVVe 512Gb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech G903 + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G513

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •