cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX X570-F NEW BIOS TESTED 2802 (Shutdown and random reboots).

Majestic253
Level 7
Good evening everyone,
I tested the new BIOS released by ASUS (2802) to understand new features and stability, unfortunately the system is unstable causing a forced intervention by WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) detecting a hardware error and correcting it (you will notice it through log windows and sudden restart or shutdown of the pc), unfortunately this error is quite random and cannot be solved even by resetting the BIOS, CMOS or by formatting Windows 10, I add as a last thing that I tested the various AMD drivers released and I was able to test them all (last included), also through a clean Windows 10 boot without any third-party programs or other and do not cause any kind of problem also because the BIOS error occurs even with older drivers and clean boot, so I confirm again that the problem is due to the new version 2802.

Tested with Windows 10 old build 1903 to the latest 2004 and 20H2.
Tested with AMD Drivers from 19.10.02 to 19.30.

If possible, upgrade to a previous version.

UPDATE: A new beta bios update is available on the support page (2812).
5 REPLIES 5

AlexRiker
Level 7
Posting to draw more attention- I have the same problem since updating to this bios on ASUS strix 570-E. Random restarts despite fresh install, various driver versions, disabling DOCP, multiple changes of RAM sticks, boosting SOC/Dram voltage, etc. This bios is just unstable.

AlexRiker wrote:
Posting to draw more attention- I have the same problem since updating to this bios on ASUS strix 570-E. Random restarts despite fresh install, various driver versions, disabling DOCP, multiple changes of RAM sticks, boosting SOC/Dram voltage, etc. This bios is just unstable.

I hope ASUS can fix this problem before the arrival of the new Zen 3 CPUs.
A new beta bios update is available on the support page (2812) I'll try it as soon as possible.

I'm having this same issue and cant seem to get my kit up and running again. Is anybody able to help me out of this situation?
I update my Bios yesterday to Version 2802 and now my system is stuck in the constant boot loop.
I've removed the CMOS battery, Reset the bios, removed my network card, changed the RAM, Changed SSD's and nothing has made the slightest difference.
So far I've used the flashback function to go back to bios versions 2606, 1407, 1404, 1201, 0804 & 0602 all of which seem to make no difference.
I've contacted the seller to see if i can get it sent for repairs but figured if I could get a response quicker on here and fix it myself.

edrak
Level 10
I have the x570 -f and I have no issues, but when i installed the updated bios, I reverted all settings to asus default and then updated the bios to 2802 after renaming the bios with the bios rename tool. Try updating again with the 2802 but make sure to rename it using bios renamer tool. Let me know if that helped.

edrak wrote:
I have the x570 -f and I have no issues, but when i installed the updated bios, I reverted all settings to asus default and then updated the bios to 2802 after renaming the bios with the bios rename tool. Try updating again with the 2802 but make sure to rename it using bios renamer tool. Let me know if that helped.

Hello and thank you for the answer, unfortunately we have already checked with other Reddit users various methods to update the BIOS to the aforementioned version (USB Stick ect) without any problems but the situation persists always causing forced intervention by WHEA. Obviously the intervention by Windows is benign but highly boring as even during normal use the computer turns off and turns back on completely autonomously, even during any Windows updates without making a normal restart but as mentioned above the computer turns off and on again.

Now with BIOS 2606 the system is completely stable without any issues.