cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Aura Sync monitors not supported by Armoury Crate?

EightDeer
Level 7
I just got a new monitor with Aura Sync, and it does not like Armoury Crate at all. Before this, my Aura Sync keyboard, motherboard, and mouse worked (mostly) fine with Armoury Crate, but with this new monitor, bugs aplenty. I've had to uninstall Armoury Crate and reinstall the old Aura Sync software, and that seems to be working for now.

Was I supposed to avoid using my monitor in Armoury Crate?
4 REPLIES 4

cekeu
Level 12
The Rog Swift PG27UQ is not compatible with Armoury Crate Aura's.
Personally, I have never used the Aura software for my monitor, I prefer to adjust it with the integrated menu of the screen.

Crasje
Level 12
Same here.. with the XG349C... it's just not visible in Armoury Crate

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

BigJohnny
Level 13
PG35VQ isn't compatible either.
Not a fan of ASUS software. Always been too glitchy from beginning to end. Aura has been out for a long time and never worked right. Armory crate is something that never worked with more things that dont work added to it. I gave up and set my monitor using OSD and went all corsair that has a plug in for the MOBOs. Only thing it wont do with the MOBOs are the addressable headers but I dont use them anyhow as all my stuff is corsair.

My PG349Q works with aurasync set from Armoury Crate. BUT if I want to create a theme with aura creator, my monitor doesn't show in the list. So the lighting I create doesn't apply to monitor but does in everywhere else. I think it's a big design failure from Asus. What if unsupported component would be for example a keyuboard. Nice to write without lighting...

It's not a surprise that you have issues with mixed setups, but my setup is all Asus (GA35DX, Gladius III wireless, Claymore II, H3 TUF Gaming and this display. And even my deskmat is Asus!), so it's really pity that Asus softwares work so badly even in all Asus setup which is probably the easiest setup in driver-wise. Money spent almost 8000 euros, and still the weakest link in setup is Armoury Crate which is btw the only way to install keyboard and mouse drivers, so I cannot even get rid of it if I wanted to.