Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    Ryzen 5900x Crosshair Hero VIII troubles

    Just got a 5900x today, flashed (Before install) the latest 2402 beta bios

    issue,
    - CPU sometimes boost correctly(4.950 is highest I've seen) but seems to settle on 2.2GHz all cores and then its stuck on 2.2 ghz all cores ??

    anyone else have issues?

    ps also Ryzen Master says unsupported cpu ? latest version (EDIT* uninstall and reinstall of ryzen master fixed that but still stuck on 2.2ghz)
    Last edited by ffletchs; 11-06-2020 at 08:54 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    duh, for some reason windows was on powersave plan after reinstall of chipsetdrivers ?? seems fixed

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    34

    You certainly snagged that CPU quick, how are you liking it?

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    997

    Quote Originally Posted by ffletchs View Post
    duh, for some reason windows was on powersave plan after reinstall of chipsetdrivers ?? seems fixed
    In advanced,

    Extreme Tweaker -> Precision Boost Overdrive

    PBO Fmax enhancer -> Enabled
    Precision Boost Overdrive -> Enabled
    Last edited by RedSector73; 11-06-2020 at 11:40 PM.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    Quote Originally Posted by criznittle View Post
    You certainly snagged that CPU quick, how are you liking it?
    just installed it today, still trying to get my memory stable at correct settings, it wont even post on XMP profile

    Memory is CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 32GB (4x 8GB), running it ad 3200 atm.
    Not sure if its 5900x, had trouble with the last 2 bios'es with 3900x

    Only thing I've tried to run is Cinebench15 single core, got a score of 254 bone stock, 3900x was around 205

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) w/BIOS 3003
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)4 x 8GB PVS416G440C9K (non-QVL) @3600
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 2080Ti Gaming OC
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer x27
    Storage #1Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    Storage #22 x Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    CPU CoolerNoctua D15S
    CaseSilverstone FT02
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
    Headset/Speakers 2 x PSB Alpha PS1
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by ffletchs View Post
    just installed it today, still trying to get my memory stable at correct settings, it wont even post on XMP profile

    Memory is CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 32GB (4x 8GB), running it ad 3200 atm.
    Not sure if its 5900x, had trouble with the last 2 bios'es with 3900x

    Only thing I've tried to run is Cinebench15 single core, got a score of 254 bone stock, 3900x was around 205
    ------------------------------------------------------------

    This worked for me with my 3900X on BIOS 2311. YMMV:

    Clear BIOS
    Load BIOS defaults
    Use The Stilt's basic changes to the BIOS settings:
    AI Overclock Tuner - MANUAL
    Performance Enhancer - DEFAULT

    Then:

    PBO Fmax - ENABLED
    SOC/Uncore OC Mode - DISABLED. No more restarts while idling. These was causing Event ID 41 Critical Errors with Event ID 19 WHEA "Warnings" "Reported by component: Processor Core".
    Change Power Plan from "Ryzen Balanced" to "Ryzen High Power". No more restarts while trying to sleep/wake. This was causing Event ID 41 Critical Errors without Event ID 19 WHEA "Warnings".

    I've been stable for 3 days now, but I'm not sure how applicable the above steps might be to the new CPU's. Stuff has changed.

    The bad news is I had to lose 2 of my 4 sticks of RAM and it's only at 3200 (not the previous 3733 with 4 sticks but PBO Fmax OFF), but it's at 14-14-14-14-28/1T…***so far***, and way better than the 2133 I appeared to be stuck at with 4 sticks.

    The same settings seem to now be working for me on 2402, but my setup didn't like going straight to 3200 from BIOS Defaults (2133 for me). I had to go up in steps.

    __________________________________________________ ________
    C8H WIFI, Ryzen 3900X, Noctua D15S, 2 x 8GB Viper Steel DDR4 4400 PVS416G440C9K (non-QVL for C8H WIFI), Corsair AX1600i, STRIX 2080Ti OC Gaming, ROG Xonar Phoebus, 3 x 2TB NVMe, 1 x 480GB SATA SSD, 3 x SATA HDDs, Silverstone FT02, Acer x27.
    Last edited by WhoSaidThat; 11-07-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------

    This worked for me with my 3900X on BIOS 2311. YMMV:

    Clear BIOS
    Load BIOS defaults
    Use The Stilt's basic changes to the BIOS settings:
    AI Overclock Tuner - MANUAL
    Performance Enhancer - DEFAULT

    Then:

    PBO Fmax - ENABLED
    SOC/Uncore OC Mode - DISABLED. No more restarts while idling. These was causing Event ID 41 Critical Errors with Event ID 19 WHEA "Warnings" "Reported by component: Processor Core".
    Change Power Plan from "Ryzen Balanced" to "Ryzen High Power". No more restarts while trying to sleep/wake. This was causing Event ID 41 Critical Errors without Event ID 19 WHEA "Warnings".

    I've been stable for 3 days now, but I'm not sure how applicable the above steps might be to the new CPU's. Stuff has changed.

    The bad news is I had to lose 2 of my 4 sticks of RAM and it's only at 3200 (not the previous 3733 with 4 sticks but PBO Fmax OFF), but it's at 14-14-14-14-28/1T…***so far***, and way better than the 2133 I appeared to be stuck at with 4 sticks.

    The same settings seem to now be working for me on 2402, but my setup didn't like going straight to 3200 from BIOS Defaults (2133 for me). I had to go up in steps.

    Thanks I'll look into this, where can I find The Stilt's basic changes to the BIOS ? I'm too running 2 sticks atm and it seems very stable @3200, will try more to today.
    Can someone confirm if Fmax is applicable and recommened for 5900x ?

    *EDIT* CPU SOC voltage is much lower than 3900x, its running at ~0.9-1.0volts, 3900x was 1.08~1.1volts, SOC voltage is default lower on 5900x?
    Last edited by ffletchs; 11-07-2020 at 09:13 AM.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    WhoSaidThat PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) w/BIOS 3003
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)4 x 8GB PVS416G440C9K (non-QVL) @3600
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 2080Ti Gaming OC
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer x27
    Storage #1Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    Storage #22 x Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
    CPU CoolerNoctua D15S
    CaseSilverstone FT02
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
    Headset/Speakers 2 x PSB Alpha PS1
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    The Stilt's original advice on the PBO Fmax feature

    https://www.overclock.net/threads/as...28796/page-145

    He also added this later in that thread:

    "So regarding the idle restart issue, aka "Event 41" problem:

    Based on the testing, disabling option called "DF CStates" found in AMD CBS-menu (Advanced / AMD CBS / NBIO Common Options / SMU Common Options) should solve the issue.

    The CBS-menu also contains a second C-State related option (Global C-State Control) that has some redundant functionality and can be used as well however, if this option is used it will negatively affect both the CPU power consumption and performance as well. Because of that, the "Global C-State Control" setting should remain at the default "Auto" setting, while the "DF CState" -setting should be disabled.

    Unless the user encounters the idle restart symptom associated with the "41 code" events in the Windows Even Viewer, there is no need for the user to change this setting.

    Both the problem and the fix are universal, and not either ASUS or Crosshair VIII specific."
    Last edited by WhoSaidThat; 11-08-2020 at 02:44 AM.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    997

    Corsair ram is crap... RMA and get something decent

  10. #10
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    170
    Posts
    2,212

    5000 series chips with the right memory modules should be able to hit 1900FCLK and possibly higher. You may need to try as much as 1.15v VSOC depending on the CPU sample.


    Have not experienced any idle instablity or boost issues on the 5950X personally.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	86759

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •