cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus xii hero and gskil trident rgb 3000mhz

baez_91
Level 7
Im jus asking to see what i can do with this board start a rma process or what.

well the problem is that this board is giving me a problem with the memory slots if i put just one in any slot with xmp activated the board post, and if i put two in the slots A2-B2 post too but if i put the two dimms in the slots A1-B1 the board take too long too post and after some tries it post at 3000mhz but some games like modern warfare crash.
8 REPLIES 8

thunderrd
Level 7
What is the problem with slots A2-B2? That is where it is supposed to be installed.

thunderrd wrote:
What is the problem with slots A2-B2? That is where it is supposed to be installed.

firts let me fix my mistake the slots that are giving me problems are the slots A1-B1 whenever i try to boot with these two slots populated and the xmp profile 1 or 2 that make this ram run at they advertised speed (3000mhz) the pc does not boot up (and when it does is after several tries and with crashes in a few games like COD MW) , this doesn't happen if i let the rams in auto in the bios which let them run at 2133

but if only use 1 stick in whatever slot that doesn't happen and if put the two dims in the A2-B2 slot doesn't happen either even when i have the xmp profile 1 or 2 set in the bios.

Why are you trying to use the A1-B1 slots?

The correct slots for 2 modules are A2-B2. I said this in my other response.

It also might be a good idea to read your manual. The answer you seem to be ignoring from me is clearly stated in the manual.

thunderrd wrote:
Why are you trying to use the A1-B1 slots?

The correct slots for 2 modules are A2-B2. I said this in my other response.

It also might be a good idea to read your manual. The answer you seem to be ignoring from me is clearly stated in the manual.

cause anytime i build a pc i use these two slots, i took your advice and read the manual and it says recommended configuration it doesn't say that it must be in these slots and from my understanding if A2-B2 are working with these rams and xmp profile A1-B1 should do it too. cause in case i bought another set to put with these what will happen?

baez.91 wrote:
cause anytime i build a pc i use these two slot

Fine then, good luck with that. You don't need us, then.

i took your advice and read the manual and it says recommended configuration it doesn't say that it must be in these slots

Oh, right. It doesn't say *must* 🙂

from my understanding if A2-B2 are working with these rams and xmp profile A1-B1 should do it too

OK, fine. I am sure you are correct because you know better than the *recommended* scenarios because you *always* place a pair in A1-B1.

cause in case i bought another set to put with these what will happen?

Not a clue. But I am quite sure you will find out.

I only know that I follow the manual, use A2 for a single module, A2-B2 for a matched pair, and get perfect performance from 4-16GB modules populating all the slots.

Why you are insisting that you *should* be able to use A1-B1 for a pair, simply because you *always* use A1-B1 [albeit wrongly], is beyond my ken. Do they somehow *look better* in A1-B1? Because I don't have any other idea why you would simply ignore the recommendations of the manufacturer's manual.

Allow me to recap our conversation:
-You put two modules as *recommended* by the manual in A2-B2 and they work perfectly, as expected.
-You are not happy with this; you *want* to place them in A1-B1 because you *always* do it that way.
-However, when you place the two modules in A1-B1 they DO NOT WORK AS you want them to.
-You can't give me a rational reason *why* you wish to install them in a location contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations.
-You wonder *if* 4 modules will work correctly, but you are unwilling to do the install by the book.
-You are considering getting an RMA authorization because the modules are not working in the *wrong* slots.

Do you really think ASUS will give you an RMA authorization when you tell them that the modules work correctly in A2-B2?

May I make a recommendation?
-Put the modules in A2-B2, which is the manufacturer's recommended location.
-Allow them to work perfectly in their correct location.
-Profit.

Have a nice day.

thunderrd wrote:
Fine then, good luck with that. You don't need us, then.

Oh, right. It doesn't say *must* 🙂

OK, fine. I am sure you are correct because you know better than the *recommended* scenarios because you *always* place a pair in A1-B1.

Not a clue. But I am quite sure you will find out.

I only know that I follow the manual, use A2 for a single module, A2-B2 for a matched pair, and get perfect performance from 4-16GB modules populating all the slots.

Why you are insisting that you *should* be able to use A1-B1 for a pair, simply because you *always* use A1-B1 [albeit wrongly], is beyond my ken. Do they somehow *look better* in A1-B1? Because I don't have any other idea why you would simply ignore the recommendations of the manufacturer's manual.

Allow me to recap our conversation:
-You put two modules as *recommended* by the manual in A2-B2 and they work perfectly, as expected.
-You are not happy with this; you *want* to place them in A1-B1 because you *always* do it that way.
-However, when you place the two modules in A1-B1 they DO NOT WORK AS you want them to.
-You can't give me a rational reason *why* you wish to install them in a location contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations.
-You wonder *if* 4 modules will work correctly, but you are unwilling to do the install by the book.
-You are considering getting an RMA authorization because the modules are not working in the *wrong* slots.

Do you really think ASUS will give you an RMA authorization when you tell them that the modules work correctly in A2-B2?

May I make a recommendation?
-Put the modules in A2-B2, which is the manufacturer's recommended location.
-Allow them to work perfectly in their correct location.
-Profit.

Have a nice day.

wow men relax i don't intend to star a fight i just wanted to know cause as far as i know the two dimms should work fine in every position that i place them.

I'm using them right now in A2-B2 but i want to solve this in case i decide to buy another pair of this kit.

for example before this board i used to have a maximus code XI and i was using this same kit and anywhere that i put this ram it will post normally.

i dont intend to fight just because of this but i think and again let me make it clear, i think from my previous build and believe me that they have been quite a few that if you put two dimms in any position as long as they are in dual channel they shouid post with xmp they should post no that in two yes and in the other two no.

and again im trying to solve something that i think its not normal thank you and i appreciate your effort for help me.

baez.91 wrote:
cause anytime i build a pc i use these two slots, i took your advice and read the manual and it says recommended configuration it doesn't say that it must be in these slots and from my understanding if A2-B2 are working with these rams and xmp profile A1-B1 should do it too. cause in case i bought another set to put with these what will happen?

You cannot use this Ram by itself in A1/B1. It will have difficulty training

This motherboard is daisy chain. If this were Z390 Hero, then yes you could use it in A1/B1 or A2/B2 because that is T-topology. But on daisy chain, A2 and B2 will get the signals first. If there is no RAM installed, signal reflection and loss would occur and the signal would be degraded due to lack of termination.

If you had all four sticks installed, then A1/B1 would then work but max overclocking would be limited compared to only A2/B2 (DDR OC) again because of reflection. A2/B2 gets the strongest signal.

It is this reason why 2 dimm boards (Apex, Unify ITX, Dark) are so good at setting world records for DRAM OC.

Falkentyne wrote:
You cannot use this Ram by itself in A1/B1. It will have difficulty training

This motherboard is daisy chain. If this were Z390 Hero, then yes you could use it in A1/B1 or A2/B2 because that is T-topology. But on daisy chain, A2 and B2 will get the signals first. If there is no RAM installed, signal reflection and loss would occur and the signal would be degraded due to lack of termination.

If you had all four sticks installed, then A1/B1 would then work but max overclocking would be limited compared to only A2/B2 (DDR OC) again because of reflection. A2/B2 gets the strongest signal.

It is this reason why 2 dimm boards (Apex, Unify ITX, Dark) are so good at setting world records for DRAM OC.

thank you very much that was a very good explanation.

now the problem is that in leaning to buy another set but you are telling me that is going to be limited.