cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM issues

stocis
Level 7
Hey all,
I'm trying to wrap my head around as to what I'm doing wrong here.
I've upgraded my 4 PWM Corsair fans recently to the Corsair LL series.
They're connected to the node pro hub for the led/light effects and from there their 4 pwm pins go to the same splitter that ends up in the CPU_FAN of my VII Maximus Ranger mobo.

Everything works as it should, lights effects etc but I have absolutely no control.
AI Suite 3 shows a PWM max fan speed of 750-800RPM.

Help?
2 REPLIES 2

Baio73
Level 8
stocis wrote:
Hey all,
I'm trying to wrap my head around as to what I'm doing wrong here.
I've upgraded my 4 PWM Corsair fans recently to the Corsair LL series.
They're connected to the node pro hub for the led/light effects and from there their 4 pwm pins go to the same splitter that ends up in the CPU_FAN of my VII Maximus Ranger mobo.

Everything works as it should, lights effects etc but I have absolutely no control.
AI Suite 3 shows a PWM max fan speed of 750-800RPM.

Help?

I can’t understand where you connected the 4 fans PWM cables... what is “the same splitter�?
Anyway, if you are planning to control your fans speed via BIOS (or AI Suite), try to connect them to mobo headers, directly if you have 4 available, or via Y splitters.
Â*
BaioÂ*
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Baio73 wrote:
I can’t understand where you connected the 4 fans PWM cables... what is “the same splitter�?
Anyway, if you are planning to control your fans speed via BIOS (or AI Suite), try to connect them to mobo headers, directly if you have 4 available, or via Y splitters.
Â*
BaioÂ*

hi thanks for your reply
I'm using this
which was the splitter fan i was using before.