Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

What changes does version 0804?

Do you have this bios for Z490-F?

Super Moderator Array

the sum of adaptive + vf8 offset if any, and if this sum is the biggest among all vf1~7

New ROGer Array Betroz PC Specs
    Betroz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Apex
    Processori9 10900K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentZ F4-4000C17D-32GTRGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080Ti OC
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Adata SX8200 PRO
    Storage #2Adata SX8200 PRO
    CPU CoolerLiquid Freezer II 360
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P500A
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    the sum of adaptive + vf8 offset if any, and if this sum is the biggest among all vf1~7
    Will the same happen if we use Auto on vcore? At 5.4 Ghz singel thead my CPU gets 1.58v max with auto vcore (and LLC6). No need to worry?

Super Moderator Array

actual received or vid?
    you can trim downwards for vf8 as u know, if u have margin

Betroz PC Specs
    Processori9 10900K
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO

actual received or vid?
    you can trim downwards for vf8 as u know, if u have margin
    Update : Ran a CB20 singel thread again, and 1.58 VID and 1.563v received as reported by AIDA64. Using +1 preset for OCTVB btw and not custom.
    I guess this is to be expected from a SP63 chip.

Betroz PC Specs
    Processori9 10900K
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO

Two BIOS screens to show V/F table and OCTVB:
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos VF Points.jpg  

OCTVB.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Sorry @Shamino... This is not clear to me ... Could you explain with an exemple?

New ROGer Array dbavatar PC Specs
    dbavatar PC Specs
    MotherboardZ490-G WIFI
    Processor10850k
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M2D3600C18

I'd like to point out that TVB was and is still broken on with this BIOS my i9-10850k as I previously detailed here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...nd-fan-control

Effectively, the two preselected "preferred" cores, in my case core 2 and 3, receive a 100mV VID boost (from ~1.360 to ~1.460), which cannot be defeated. I was hoping the new setting "cpu core auto voltage cap" would let me set a ceiling, but it as well is not effective. This has the result of quite hilariously running the preferred cores at a lower frequency, since the 100mV boost causes a temperature rise that throttles TVB frequencies! So now with 52x3 51x6 50x10 settings, all cores EXCEPT 2 and 3 boost to 52. Furthermore, this latest bios seems to break V/F control. My chip cannot run 53 on a specific core at stock voltages. Increasing the V/F setting for 53 by any amount takes no effect on any core! I could probably run 53 if I could reliably set 1.4V+ for that V/F, and not have core 2/3 over-volt. However it will only run at 1.356V, and I cannot get it higher.

I understand why most people might not notice these single/few core problems, it's because Windows is so noisy it's hard to actually test a single or specific core with a stress test and see a stable VID request. You can try that by pinning all processes on the machine to specific cores with this script run in a Administrator Powershell:

$instances = Get-Process; foreach ($i in $instances) { $i.ProcessorAffinity=0x100}

For 10850k/10900k this is a bitmap with valid values from 0x1 to 0xfffff. The above command selects a single core for all processes to run on, in this case on one of my "preferred" TVB cores. I can switch to another non-preferred core, and compare the VID (get and set, which are the same at this low load).

Switch back to core 0:
    $instances = Get-Process; foreach ($i in $instances) { $i.ProcessorAffinity=0x1}

Switch back to all cores:
    $instances = Get-Process; foreach ($i in $instances) { $i.ProcessorAffinity=0xfffff}

Finally, I scripted this to walk through all 20 cores and combinations of them every couple seconds while a stress test is running to validate that each core is stable at the boost frequency/voltage. I can post that if anyone finds it useful.

Super Moderator Array

Effectively, the two preselected "preferred" cores, in my case core 2 and 3, receive a 100mV VID boost (from ~1.360 to ~1.460), which cannot be defeated. I was hoping the new setting "cpu core auto voltage cap" would let me set a ceiling, but it as well is not effective.
    you cannot pin the proc's VID behavior on the bios.
    the cap only caps the setting, the resultant v are determined by a whole slew of other factors.
    fire up turbovcore or xtu read the adative voltage setting, it will not exceed what u cap it at. thats just the setting like i said.
    yet i do not see how the v cannot be defeated. do a negative offset to vf pt 8. if it still doesnt drop, it may be due to vf7 being bigger than what you are trying to do to vf8
    in this case. do it to vf 7 as well
    for sure the voltage will drop if you do it per point

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoSampaio View Post
    Sorry @Shamino... This is not clear to me ... Could you explain with an exemple?
    lets say the cpu's native vid at 53x its highest boost freq is 1.53v
    lets say your configure such that the highest core freq for light loads is 54x.
    lets say you set an adaptive voltage of 1.55v
    lets say vf pt 7's original vid is 1.49v
    lets say no offsets applied to vf7/8
    so when cpu goes 54x, the 1.55v setting will get honored.
    the resultant vid request/voltage received is also affected by a whole slew of other factors such as (acdc LL/svid behavior, tvb voltage opt if enabled, vrm LL) but those need to be dealt with seperately in order not to complicate the example.

in same example just changing 1.55v value to 1.5v value:
    when cpu goes 54x, the 1.5v setting does not get honored then due to it being lower than its native 1.53v

then u do an offset of -30mv to vf8
    so when u run 54x, 1.5v (which is 1.53v - 30mv and not your setting of 1.5v-30mv in this case, always bear in mind trying to set adaptive lower than native volt is futile, this is a key point in understanding its behavior) is achieved because negative offsets work regardless of native vid as long as the vf curve remains monotonic, ie, always increasing/at very least constant. 1.5v is higher than the point before it, vf7 which is 1.49v which has no offset v set at the moment.

then u decide to add an offset to vf7 , say 40mv. thus vf7's resultant v is 1.49+40mv=1.53v. then now even though u did nothing to vf8, it is no longer 1.5v when at 54x but 1.53v to keep the vf curve monotonic.

so to understand adaptive voltage, always bear in mind:
    voltage settings can only take effect if freq is > default boost and volt is > default vid
    anything else is futile
    that is where vf pt offset comes in, when u cannot do it by adaptive v setting as above, then u do it by vf pt offset, bearing in mind it's monotonic behavior.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast