Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 270
  1. #101
    New ROGer Array OldTechie PC Specs
    OldTechie PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair Hero VIII (non-WiFi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-3200C16Q-64GVK
    Graphics Card #1Strix Geforce GTX 970
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorHannsG HG281D
    Storage #1Inland Premium nvme 1TB
    Storage #2Toshiba 3TB spinner
    CPU CoolerAMD Wrath Spire
    CaseCoolermaster HAF912
    Power SupplySeasonic 750W Bronze MD12
    Keyboard Generic
    Mouse Logitech G400s
    OS Windows 10 LTSC 1809

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Uefi 2701 still does not resolve the issues with 4 dual rank dimms.
    Somehow, 3000mhz is the maximum speed I can get out of 3200C16 ram.
    It's like hitting a wall, anything above that doesn't post at all, regardless of voltages or timings.
    The board displays F9 as post code, pointing to unstable ram.

    Cheers.

  2. #102
    ROG Enthusiast Array uplink PC Specs
    uplink PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)2 x 8GB [2 modules pending] F4-3800C14D-16GTZN running at D.O.C.P. with FCLK @ 1900 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Sound CardOnBoard S/PDiF
    MonitorAsus ROG XG27UQ [used to have Asus ROG PG27UQ]
    Storage #1Corsair MP600 512GB
    Storage #2Corsair MP600 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseStreacom BC-1
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 1200
    Keyboard Logitech MX Keys [used to have Asus ROG Claymore]
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 [used to have Asus ROG Spatha]
    Headset Sony WH-1000XM4 [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    Mouse Pad Benq B&H BenQ ZOWIE G-SR [used to have Asus ROG Balteus]
    Headset/Speakers Plantronics/Poly Voyager Legend [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
    Network Router3x Asus ZenWiFi AX XT8

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    07 is likely memory timings. May want to work on secondaries, or increase CAS one clock. May also need to increase SOC voltage.
    Didn't help . Tried 15-16-16-16-38-52 and it keeps crashing :/, I'll w8 4 another BiOS/UEFi revision than . Auto is okay, it runs on 15-15-15-15-38-52 @ 2000 MHz and it works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Baio73 View Post
    I had that error when trying to clock my 4x8Gb RAM to values they couldn't reach (but they did with 2206 version).
    Other tipical errors where "LOAD VGA BIOS" or something CMOS related I can't now remeber.
    Try to leave timings to Auto and see if it improves.

    Baio
    Nope .

    Btw. RGB control works only on 2402 and older . Everywhere else it's unfunctional
    Last edited by uplink; 11-19-2020 at 07:22 PM.

  3. #103
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    2502 and 2701 impressions with ZEN3

    I am using the Impact for 6 month now.
    Always used latest official BIOS and had a trouble free experience with a 3800X and 2x8 Trident Z 3200 CL14 kit, later a 2x16 3200 CL kit.
    PBO on, RAM at 3600 CL14, smooth sailing.
    Now switched to a 5900X.

    Started with 2311. No boot after only enabling DOCP.
    Updated to 2502. Boot with DOCP possible and running stable. RGB on TridentZ was no longer managable through Aura or Armoury Crate.
    Clean install of Windows and Armoury Crate later, RGB problem fixed.

    Now on 2701. Running DOCP and playing with the new curve optimizer.
    Experience so far:
    Setting a negative offset allows to fully utilize the boost limit override.
    In my case, the 5900X boostet to 4950 out of the box. PBO and override to 200 resultet in 5050ish MHz. An additional minus 15 all core offset in the curve optimizer brought the boost up to 5150 on the good CCD, the lower binned one does not exceed the 5050. As 2701 gives the possibility, I upped the override to 250 and the good cores are all boosting to 5200 now. All this just to say: i like the feature.

    However, I was unpleasently surprised to find that the Memory Presets are gone.
    For me this was an absolutely brilliant quality-of-life feature, which has saved me a lot of time in the past.
    So far, I was not able to replicate the 3600CL14 setting one of those profiles provided.
    Manually setting the recommended SAFE setiings from DRAM calculator does not boot (and the timings on that recommendation are less tight than what the predefined profile set). I am aware that the profiles might seem redundant, now that 3600/3800CL14 kits can be bought. But they are still useful in my scenario, where I have the RAM that is capable, but not the time and persistance to manually tune it.

    TL;DR
    2701 is stable for me with 3200CL14 DOCP.
    Curve Optimizer is useful.
    I humbly request to bring the memory presets back.

  4. #104
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by z31s1g View Post
    I am using the Impact for 6 month now.
    Always used latest official BIOS and had a trouble free experience with a 3800X and 2x8 Trident Z 3200 CL14 kit, later a 2x16 3200 CL kit.
    PBO on, RAM at 3600 CL14, smooth sailing.
    Now switched to a 5900X.

    Started with 2311. No boot after only enabling DOCP.
    Updated to 2502. Boot with DOCP possible and running stable. RGB on TridentZ was no longer managable through Aura or Armoury Crate.
    Clean install of Windows and Armoury Crate later, RGB problem fixed.

    Now on 2701. Running DOCP and playing with the new curve optimizer.
    Experience so far:
    Setting a negative offset allows to fully utilize the boost limit override.
    In my case, the 5900X boostet to 4950 out of the box. PBO and override to 200 resultet in 5050ish MHz. An additional minus 15 all core offset in the curve optimizer brought the boost up to 5150 on the good CCD, the lower binned one does not exceed the 5050. As 2701 gives the possibility, I upped the override to 250 and the good cores are all boosting to 5200 now. All this just to say: i like the feature.

    However, I was unpleasently surprised to find that the Memory Presets are gone.
    For me this was an absolutely brilliant quality-of-life feature, which has saved me a lot of time in the past.
    So far, I was not able to replicate the 3600CL14 setting one of those profiles provided.
    Manually setting the recommended SAFE setiings from DRAM calculator does not boot (and the timings on that recommendation are less tight than what the predefined profile set). I am aware that the profiles might seem redundant, now that 3600/3800CL14 kits can be bought. But they are still useful in my scenario, where I have the RAM that is capable, but not the time and persistance to manually tune it.

    TL;DR
    2701 is stable for me with 3200CL14 DOCP.
    Curve Optimizer is useful.
    I humbly request to bring the memory presets back.
    Where are you overriding to 250 boost? In the AMD overclocking section 200 is the limit. Unsure how to enable the curve offset and a higher override.

  5. #105
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    got the 2502 running with 4 dimms. No issues so far with exception that when I SHUT DOWN the computer the lights are still on and FANS go into 100% mode.
    Motherboard is showing code 00 - not in use.

    anyone know how to fix this

  6. #106
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by JimV23 View Post
    Where are you overriding to 250 boost? In the AMD overclocking section 200 is the limit. Unsure how to enable the curve offset and a higher override.
    PBO settings can be changed in "Extreme Tweaker > PBO" and "Advanced > AMD Overclocking > PBO".
    They partially contain the same options, but with different ways for values selection.

    Tweaker PBO allows to manually type in a MHz value for override. Overclocking has the drop down list with pre defined values.
    Tweaker PBO does not give access to the curve optimizer. Overclocking PBO does.
    For starters, enable the function by selecting "all core" from the drop down and start with "negative" and value "10". You can take it from there with testing and increase the negatibe value (which translates into a negative voltage offset from what I understand). You can also go as far as to set the offset for each core individually.

    Herer is a spreadsheet someone made to show the impact of the offset settings on the voltage:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hYt0D4/pubhtml

    Make sure to not change the same setting in both places. When saving your new setting, the change that is listed later in the summary will override the same setting further up in the summary.
    Example: Don't set 250 MHz in Tweaker PBO, then 0 MHz in Overclocking PBO. The result will be 0 MHz override.
    I wish the settings would be consolidated or at least streamlined to offer the same options.

  7. #107
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    154

    Quote Originally Posted by uplink View Post
    Didn't help . Tried 15-16-16-16-38-52 and it keeps crashing :/, I'll w8 4 another BiOS/UEFi revision than . Auto is okay, it runs on 15-15-15-15-38-52 @ 2000 MHz and it works fine Nope .

    Btw. RGB control works only on 2402 and older . Everywhere else it's unfunctional
    So, no change settimg RAM and IF requency manually and leaving timings to Auto?
    Have you tried to boost some voltage?
    And did you tried to force LLC/PSU values?

    Baio
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 3900XT COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX860i VGA Sapphire RX 5700 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 970PRO NVVe 512Gb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech G903 + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G513

  8. #108
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by z31s1g View Post
    PBO settings can be changed in "Extreme Tweaker > PBO" and "Advanced > AMD Overclocking > PBO".
    They partially contain the same options, but with different ways for values selection.

    Tweaker PBO allows to manually type in a MHz value for override. Overclocking has the drop down list with pre defined values.
    Tweaker PBO does not give access to the curve optimizer. Overclocking PBO does.
    For starters, enable the function by selecting "all core" from the drop down and start with "negative" and value "10". You can take it from there with testing and increase the negatibe value (which translates into a negative voltage offset from what I understand). You can also go as far as to set the offset for each core individually.

    Herer is a spreadsheet someone made to show the impact of the offset settings on the voltage:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hYt0D4/pubhtml

    Make sure to not change the same setting in both places. When saving your new setting, the change that is listed later in the summary will override the same setting further up in the summary.
    Example: Don't set 250 MHz in Tweaker PBO, then 0 MHz in Overclocking PBO. The result will be 0 MHz override.
    I wish the settings would be consolidated or at least streamlined to offer the same options.
    Thank you for that spreadsheet and explanation. I managed to get the MHz override to work past 200 between the two menus. I really do wish there would only be one setting so its obvious which one is currently active.

    I know the Tweaker MHz offset is working because I saw spikes to 5100, but only on my best cores and I cant get it stable. On my 5800x im having best results by staying with the 200MHz offset and playing with PBO limits/Curve Optimizer/LLC/Voltage to try and get the cores to stay boosted at 5000-5050 the longest. Its definitly not straightforward.

    Bios 2701 so far has been stable all of yesterday for me. All of my BSODs have been overclock and setting related.

  9. #109
    ROG Enthusiast Array uplink PC Specs
    uplink PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)2 x 8GB [2 modules pending] F4-3800C14D-16GTZN running at D.O.C.P. with FCLK @ 1900 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Sound CardOnBoard S/PDiF
    MonitorAsus ROG XG27UQ [used to have Asus ROG PG27UQ]
    Storage #1Corsair MP600 512GB
    Storage #2Corsair MP600 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseStreacom BC-1
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 1200
    Keyboard Logitech MX Keys [used to have Asus ROG Claymore]
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 [used to have Asus ROG Spatha]
    Headset Sony WH-1000XM4 [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    Mouse Pad Benq B&H BenQ ZOWIE G-SR [used to have Asus ROG Balteus]
    Headset/Speakers Plantronics/Poly Voyager Legend [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
    Network Router3x Asus ZenWiFi AX XT8

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    60

    Red face

    2701, running D.O.C.P. 4x RAM sticks [not 2x like b4] and working D.O.C.P. timings with 3200 MHz [eventhough RAM is 3800 MHz].

  10. #110
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula BIOS 3402
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900XT
    Memory (part number)2x8 Corsair 4000C19D
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire RX 5700XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Logitech G513
    Mouse Logitech G903 + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    154

    Quote Originally Posted by uplink View Post
    2701, running D.O.C.P. 4x RAM sticks [not 2x like b4] and working D.O.C.P. timings with 3200 MHz [eventhough RAM is 3800 MHz].
    So, what was the key?

    BaioÂ*
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 3900XT COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX860i VGA Sapphire RX 5700 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 970PRO NVVe 512Gb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech G903 + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G513

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •