cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay away XI Hero 1704 bios

Adrian1983
Level 10
My 9700k at 5ghz all cores OC is now not working with this bios, Errors OCCT almost within a few mins, can do multiple hours with previous bios.

Why is Asus always messing things up with their bios's? Time for a change of brand I think.86798
24 REPLIES 24

Adrian1983
Level 10
Adrian1983 wrote:
My 9700k at 5ghz all cores OC is now not working with this bios, Errors OCCT almost within a few mins, can do multiple hours with previous bios.

Why is Asus always messing things up with their bios's? Time for a change of brand I think.86798

Just had a BSOD with prime95 blend also within 10 secs with error PF_LIST_CORRUPT, I ran this for 4 hours this morning without any errors with the previous bios.

Update again, It's the RAM overclock that this bios has cocked up, Returned RAM back to stock it's passing now, Thanks Asus, How about in future you add more description to your bios updates instead of the usual "Improve System Performance" Like you've changed memory algorithms etc to let YOUR users know instead of wasting hours of testing, Your BIOS update descriptions sound like you are copying and pasting from a script, My last Asus board.

Adrian1983 wrote:
Thanks Asus, How about in future you add more description to your bios updates instead of the usual "Improve System Performance" Like you've changed memory algorithms etc to let YOUR users know instead of wasting hours of testing, Your BIOS update descriptions sound like you are copying and pasting from a script, My last Asus board.

So, "it's not a bug, it's a feature"... but a broken feature, as this thread suggests? Or is it indeed a bug? Is version 1602 okay? (I'm currently on version 1502 and get the "Secure Boot is enabled. Please disable Secure Boot" error, when trying to launch EFI shell:mad: - see my new thread on this same subforum...) I want to update my BIOS because of this, and because Memory-OC DDR4-4266 is not really stable with this BIOS! (maybe 1602 or 1704 could fix that...?)

T.S.O.M.

The Spirit of Morpheus wrote:
So, "it's not a bug, it's a feature"... but a broken feature, as this thread suggests? Or is it indeed a bug? Is version 1602 okay? (I'm currently on version 1502 and get the "Secure Boot is enabled. Please disable Secure Boot" error, when trying to launch EFI shell:mad: - see my new thread on this same subforum...) I want to update my BIOS because of this, and because Memory-OC DDR4-4266 is not really stable with this BIOS! (maybe 1602 or 1704 could fix that...?)

T.S.O.M.

100% They've messed about with memory training or timing because this was rock solid stable with Prime95 blend now it bsod's within 1 min. 1602 was perfect for me, I maybe flashing this back yet I can't get this stable with the same ram oc clocks.

funny with this bios I can boot my RAM 4100mhz with my 3200mhz kit. Before it didnt boot and everything else is also stable. Running 3900mhc CL16 OC

jarza_ wrote:
funny with this bios I can boot my RAM 4100mhz with my 3200mhz kit. Before it didnt boot and everything else is also stable. Running 3900mhc CL16 OC

Weird, I don't know what's happened, Something isn't just slightly off here, I'm using the same timings as I always have and it's just bsodding with prime and errors with OCCT.

jarza_ wrote:

I have a somewhat similar experience with a Gskill 3200 C14 kit:

1602 bios: 3900 C16 stable @1.3V; 4000 C16 stable @1.5V; 4100 C17 often fails to post
1704 bios: 3900 C16 now requires 1.4V; 4000 C16 not stable anymore; BUT 4100 C17 stable @ 1.45V; I even managed to post @4200 C18 for the first time

The new bios also requires slightly higher (+0.05v) vccio/vccsa for me for similar frequencies; it's still safe though at 1.15-1.20v@4100-4200 Mhz.

I will stay at 4100 C17 with the new bios v.1704 and try to get 4200 C17 or C18 stable.

now got to work semi easy 4000MHz 16-17-35-1N with tight secondary/tertiary timings with 1.45v and SA/IO 1.13v/1.18v. My kit is TridentZ 3200CL14 2x8Gb. Best BIOS so far for me. I used BIOS Flashback feature to update my bios (cos modded bios with newest RAID OPROM). Dont know if there is any difference with issues seen here compared to EZ-Flash.

Adrian1983 wrote:
1602 was perfect for me, I maybe flashing this back yet I can't get this stable with the same ram oc clocks.

And is 1602 better than 1502 (the current version I'm on) other worse in regards to memory and/or CPU overclocking? The primary reason for me to update my BIOS right now (and not later), is this stupid "Secure Boot is enabled - Please disable Secure Boot!" bug, despite SB already being completely disabled - which prevents me from launching EFI shell, which is necessary to finalize my Win7 installation:mad:

T.S.O.M.