cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X299-XE M.2

SirWaWa
Level 7
Where in the bios can I see my M.2 drive? On bios 3201
I can see all the SATA drives. The only place I can see the M.2 is under the boot order.
I went through all the settings and menu's and didn't see it. What menu is it under?
5 REPLIES 5

G75rog
Level 10
The only place you will see it is on the Boot page.
I have an Apex with 8 nvme drives and 4 of them contain different operating systems. They're all on the Boot page, nowhere else.
Oh, and in Windows Management and my Acronis software of course.

SirWaWa
Level 7
Thanks for confirming. This isn't the case on Maximus XI Extreme Z390 and since there are both ROG asus boards you'd think there be consistency. Ever since I upgraded my X299 bios I cannot get the NVME drive to be drive 0/0 but now it's 1/0. So in other words Windows sees my sata drives first and then NVME second. It's still drive C: but Windows orders them in numerical order first, then letter order in task manager and the intel ssd toolbox sees it the same way. The NVME still boots but this was never liked this before with the older bios'. 3201 didn't change anything but it listed a ssd device fix. My Z390 does not behave like my X299.

G75rog
Level 10
The solution is to replace the Sata drives with more nvme's. I have no Sata drives in mine.
Different chipsets, different rules.

SirWaWa
Level 7
The board tops out at two and then you'll need an addon card for more nvme's. The sata drives are ssd's and not hdd's but that is an interesting solution. Would addon card nvme's be treated as secondary? Is the asus m.2 hyper card the solution? No plans to ditch the ssd's as there still good.

G75rog
Level 10
All of my boot drives (3 Win, 1 Linux) are on the Hyper V2. The 4 on the Apex M.2's are gaming/data drives. I don't keep games on the boot drives.
I also renamed the Recycle Bin to indicate which drive and Win Version I'm on, 970 1909, 980 1903, 960 20H2.
All of the drives are named for their intended allocations also in Disk Management, 970 C, 980 C, 960 C, D, E, F, N. 13TB on the mother board...