Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Could you elaborate what you mean by home tab? Do you mean the small triangles on each device which link to the device page? If so, that looks fine - they only show if the device allows its own lighting adjustments (one device only).

Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Landa View Post
    Clean install of windows and armory crate, the home tab appears to be missing, i'd like to monitor the coolant temps for the LC AiO.

ROG Strix Z490-E
    ROG Strix LC 360 RGB

I've noticed a few users having this same issue with the disappearance of home tab but no one knows a fix.

Can anybody at all help please???????

ROG Member Array

The 'LightingService' service has a huge windows handle leak, at the time I disabled the service it had leaked over 7 MILLION (7,000,000+) windows handle objects. The expected maximum of any given process for comparison is only a few thousand, however most driver services don't usually need more than 200. This leak in the long run can result in kernel resource starvation, which is an event that can occur due to coded number limitations, as opposed to running out of addressable memory.

New ROGer Array

LightingService still creates Event 51 Error: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation." on startup with Kingston A2000 Nvme Drive. That makes various services crash on startup and ultimately leads tp system file corruption in the long run. Will anything be done to remedy this issue ? This plagues my system for 9 months now. If you can guide me, i can send you any logs needed.

Thanks

ROG Member Array

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by EnorymDIV View Post
    LightingService still creates Event 51 Error: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation." on startup with Kingston A2000 Nvme Drive. That makes various services crash on startup and ultimately leads tp system file corruption in the long run. Will anything be done to remedy this issue ? This plagues my system for 9 months now. If you can guide me, i can send you any logs needed.

Thanks
    I would be checking the RAM and your drive's connection (CPU socket, motherboard and m.2 slot could each have a bad connection), or even CPU stability, but otherwise if you disable the LightingService service (go to windows services, find it and set it to disabled, then stop it) does it help in the long run?
    Its entirely possible that its corrupting the CMOS state while running, so also check that the BIOS is up to date, or even try rolling it back if it was just updated.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

**Update** The Strix Flare default profile bug has been resolved in the latest KB HAL v1.01.41 update. Pressing media keys will no longer cause the keyboard to switch to the default profile, which disables Aura Sync for the device.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    **Update** The Strix Flare default profile bug has been resolved in the latest KB HAL v1.01.41 update. Pressing media keys will no longer cause the keyboard to switch to the default profile, which disables Aura Sync for the device.
    Can confirm my media keys work now! Thank you so much. Now the Spatha just needs some love.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paul17041993 View Post
    I would be checking the RAM and your drive's connection (CPU socket, motherboard and m.2 slot could each have a bad connection), or even CPU stability, but otherwise if you disable the LightingService service (go to windows services, find it and set it to disabled, then stop it) does it help in the long run?
    Its entirely possible that its corrupting the CMOS state while running, so also check that the BIOS is up to date, or even try rolling it back if it was just updated.
    Hi, i checked everything that you mention. Disabling the lightingservice solves the issue but i lose the RGB control of my motherboard. The issue does not replicate to other nvme drive models. It is specific to Kingston A2000. Some kind of incompatibility software / firmware wise. If you search for that specific model at reddit, you'll find others with the same problem, when combining lightingservice with this particular drive. The drive itself is fine, no problems or bad blocks or anything. Works fine as long as i don't use armoury crate.

EDIT: The exact same issue, is referenced here as well -> https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-random-BSOD-s
    Last edited by EnorymDIV; 12-08-2020 at 08:41 AM.

New ROGer Array

I used both the new installer and uninstaller respectively this morning. While the process did feel MUCH smoother I'm still having an issue with the CPU fan not accurately, reliably displaying within AC. It still shows 0 RPM. The modes of "silent," "performance," and "turbo" do their respective jobs. I've included a screen shot of what I see on my end.

System info,

Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV

Windows 10 version 20H2 -- all latest updates and all hardware have the latest drivers
    32 GB of RAM
    Ryzen 7 4800H
    GEFORCE RTX 2060

AC version 3.2.4.0
    ROG live version 1.1.10.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.24
    Armoury Crate Service 3.2.5
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture for ROG.JPG  

New ROGer Array

Fan Speed Ramping

hey, got the same problem on Laptop Rog strix G15
    on silent mode the fan almost didnt work even when i was editing, after a few weeks and win 10 update, got the fan kicking in for 1min a every few minutes, when i try to go into power setting in windows most of the setting is hidden (no limit processor ) its looks like the gate to start the fans is 53C
    its pretty annoying, ant suggestions how to fix it or manual control fan?

by the way....when setting Armory create to manual, the cpu run at 4000 and higher, i want to go fan less as possible

Quote Originally Posted by baczeks9696 View Post
    1. G531GU
    3. Corsair iCUE
    4. Corsair mouse
    5.No
    6. win 10 2004 build 19041.572
    7. Dont remember version (June-July)
    8. Clear description of your issue

Quite often the armoury crate will not show the CPU fan rpm reading, and when this happens aforementioned fan will behave in very weird way (ramping up to about 80%, while the CPU is idle, and after 2-3 minutes backing down to normal rpm, and repeats this cycle constantly). GPU fan always shows reading and does not behave in this strange way. Also the cpu stat readings are broken.

I dont know what triggers it and it doesn't always happen. Also when the reading is present the cpu fan behaves normaly as it always has been. Reinstalling armoury crate fixes the issue sometimes, but it often comes back again in matter of days. I've tried multiple BIOS versions, and all are susceptible to this issue. It feels like their is some kind of conflict between ASUS fan controlers and windows. Windows reinstall and reconnecting the fan doesnt fix the issue

Best regards

New ROGer Array

Armoury Crate RTX 3090 Page Error

1. PC
    2. Aura Sync products: motherboard (MAXIMUS XI HERO), monitor (PG259QN)
    3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software: Razer audio, keyboard, mouse -- ONLY ASUS SOFTWARE INSTALLED
    4. Wired / wireless connection: Wired
    5. Reinstalled Windows?: YES
    6. Windows version & build: Windows 10 Home 20H2 & 19042.662
    7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected: NONE
    8. Clear description of your issue: When ever i click on the RTX 3090 on Devices it gives me this error i cant even change my RGB settings on it.
    9. Any screenshots of the issue Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	87164
    10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
    Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ALH...ew?usp=sharing

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast