cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS road-map about drivers support for GTX 1660 cards ?

Kiriakos-GR
Level 7
I am thinking to invest at GTX 1660 Super and to get an ASUS card.
Previously I got an AMD based HD5770 and after three years at 2015, AMD suddenly discontinued drivers support by leaving a myriad of bugs unfixed especially at 64 bit of operating system (Win7 or higher).

I need peace of mind, because I am using my PC primarily for productivity and much lesser time for gaming.
While I do understand that ASUS has nothing to do with drivers development, I wish to ask ASUS team if they can direct my question to NVIDIA, so them to find if there is any road-map about drivers support for GTX 1660 cards ?
7 REPLIES 7

Kiriakos-GR
Level 7
Does any ASUS support team it does monitor this Forum ?

Additionally I have huge issues to Log-in at this forum with Firefox.
Verification code window this does not show other if I use Firefox in SAFE MODE.
Four times updated my password in one week, because of this pile of issues.

Nate152
Hi Kiriakos-GR

Go for it, it's not that old and will be supported for years. Your gpu doesn't become useless when driver support stops and by then you'll probably have or want something new.

How does Google Chrome work for logging into the forum?

Good to know !
I am after Rog Strix OC Gaming version, but all warehouses in Europe has run out of products stock, latest known restock date this is 10 of December..

About the log-in issue.
I am not using Google Chrome as it is unsafe at the protection of user data from Google it self.
Please inform your team to change the verification code functionality by this becoming an pop up window instead.

Regards from Greece.

Nate152
Fingers crossed stock rolls in December 10th.

I sent your thread to an administrator to let him know you're having issues with firefox. Since we can't uninstall Microsoft Edge from windows 10, in the mean time you could use it to log into the forum.

Highly appreciated that my note were forwarded.

It might be hard to believe, that us IT trained by Microsoft at the year 2000 we now insist at Win7 Pro 64bit Retail Box.
MS Edge it should be avoided if possible, in my case this is made by choice.

Thanks.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I'm currently using Firefox and am not experiencing this issue. Please disable any adblockers as this can play havoc with some capcha codes
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have find of what is getting wrong.
I am using Firefox 56.0 (64-bit) and stored password when entered in the form automatically (after of me typing in my email ), this is not properly understood by the login form.
Now I am forced to enter email and password manually its single time.

capcha code still this appear only with Firefox at safe mode.
But I do wonder ? does capcha code appears if you enter login invalid data at the first time ?