cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Omega New Bios 3201

Super_Gnome
Level 11
There are a lot of threads here and on other forums that detail Bios problems in recent weeks, months, and the last couple of years. And while you might think so, it's not only Asus, to be honest. And, people have reported not only a number of problems but have even had new problems when afterwards reverting to older Bioses. Hence, a lot of us wonder what, if anything we should do when a new Bios is released. In my case, following installing these new releases, I have had a number of problems including repeated crashes, sudden shutdowns, odd clock speed and temperature problems, you name it. I personally have my settings to nearly all default except for a few tweaks of fans speeds and memory settings. In two cases, once having reverted, it has meant putting the computer in the closet for a number of months, having to reinstall Windows multiple times, etc. and loads of lost time.

Some of us need reliable computers, and that the case, if anyone installs this, if you would detail any problems, or report on not having any that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a computer professional has recommended not installing these new releases. My question in relation to this is whether or not that is good advice.

Version 3201
2020/11/12 9.82 MBytes
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA BIOS 3201
"01. Improve system performance and stability.
02. Fix SSD device issue.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (R6EO.CAP) using BIOSRenamer. "
15 REPLIES 15

yvesgeiser
Level 7
I agree.

I can prove that on my MB the Asus Strix XE 299 I lost the possiblity to turn off Q-Code display. I missed the version where this feature was removed. Now I live with ducktape... hooray.

Reagrding this BIOS release I would expect to get much more details of changes then just 2 lines.

yvesgeiser wrote:

Regarding this BIOS release I would expect to get much more details of changes then just 2 lines.

Yeah, yeah. And those same two points, right?! The same two points, improved performance and stability, are literally copied and pasted to every Bios released by Asus, ever.

Who doesn't want these improvements? But half the time you install these things, and bam, you get horrible performance and stability as a result, and somehow these problems and even more new ones can then even invade your system after you reinstall a previous Bios that had your system working perfectly.

I currently have three systems.

One is nearly ten years old, has a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard, and had a zillion problems on a regular basis with Windows 7 and updates that would not insall, and only started working well pretty consistently when it started running on Windows 10. But this thing is nearly ten years old now.

Second, I have a system with a Crosshair VIII Formula in it. It ran perfectly since built for about half a year (on 1302, 2010, 2103 and 2206, and was running perfectly until the most recent Bios 2311. Now it is in the closet collecting dust. It crashed out of the blue a few times a day after installing the latest Bios 2311. And, because you can have new problems reverting to older Bioses, that is where it will stay for now. This is after half a year of problem-free use. Oh, and now there is a Beta Bios, 2402, but I have set up my ten year old Rampage III Black Edition system to take its place, and refuse to waste hour after hour switching computers in and out until knowing these new Bioses work properly.

Third, I have this system with the Rampage VI Extreme Omega. It ran well for nearly a year, problem-free on 0602, 0702 and 0802. Then it had all kinds of problems with a Bios earlier this year (3006). It had problems with clock speeds and temperatures that were extremely high at idle on all default settings. Reverting to 0802 fixed this (after the Asus people twice told me to reseat and reapply paste--which was bogus advice) but then the clocks speeds looked very erratic at times. So then I had it in the closet for three or four months. Now it runs well and since 3105 was installed, but if I install this new Bios 3201 and it has problems then I will have two computers in the closet and will be forced to use ten year old laptops and the above mentioned old computer. I mean, these computers are not at all cheap either. But I need reliable machines.

Like come on, Asus. Get with it, man. These motherboards are not el cheapo $59 motherboards bought on sale at K-Mart. They are premium, high end boards and are extremely pricey. Is it that hard to properly test the software and debug it or whatever before releases? From the user's point of view, and having paid top dollar for these boards, are we really going to be loyal followers of Asus next time round? Sure, the hardware is top notch, but the software workmanship is sometimes--even often: very shoddy, and very poorly done. And some of us don't have endless time to tinker and hate that we spent a lot of money on hardware that does not work properly or is collecting dust in the closet.

restsugavan
Level 13
There are new microcode update for LGA 2066 CPU. Each microcode revision need both OEM vendors and Microsoft optimize
BIOS and Windows OS together. New features and news vulnerables patch also coming together.

So, It was normally about upper case above.
W11CANARY 26090.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA BIOS 3201. I just updated and I am unable to get into the bios by f2 or del so I use the windows recovery to get into the bios, When I get into the bios I lose keyboard and mouse functions and I am unable to do anything in there.
This is the first time I have been unable to move when in the bios as the previous versions I cant get in through f2 or del but using the windows recovery to get into the bios I was still able to move around with mouse and keyboard, with this being the case I have reverted back to bios 0802 as this is the only one that seems to be stable for me.
I am still hopeful that there will be a new bios version that will work for me.

SirWaWa
Level 7
Running 3201 on X299-XE and del to get into bios works. Keyboard and mouse both work in bios.
Never you knew could turn off the Q-Code.
What microcode is 3201?

Desertum_0
Level 10
I wonder when the new bios for the Rampage Encore will be released.

MirceaForce
Level 8
Super Gnome wrote:
There are a lot of threads here and on other forums that detail Bios problems in recent weeks, months, and the last couple of years. And while you might think so, it's not only Asus, to be honest. And, people have reported not only a number of problems but have even had new problems when afterwards reverting to older Bioses. Hence, a lot of us wonder what, if anything we should do when a new Bios is released. In my case, following installing these new releases, I have had a number of problems including repeated crashes, sudden shutdowns, odd clock speed and temperature problems, you name it. I personally have my settings to nearly all default except for a few tweaks of fans speeds and memory settings. In two cases, once having reverted, it has meant putting the computer in the closet for a number of months, having to reinstall Windows multiple times, etc. and loads of lost time.

Some of us need reliable computers, and that the case, if anyone installs this, if you would detail any problems, or report on not having any that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a computer professional has recommended not installing these new releases. My question in relation to this is whether or not that is good advice.

Version 3201
2020/11/12 9.82 MBytes
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA BIOS 3201
"01. Improve system performance and stability.
02. Fix SSD device issue.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (R6EO.CAP) using BIOSRenamer. "

I don't understand how come you have this problems I have same motheboard with QVL ram from asus and did update to bios 3201 and no problems at all did also test aida62 cpu z bench test with this config

have perform this steps before update bios:
1. load optimize defaults save before update bios
2.update bios using flash usb
3 after bios update complete load again optimize defaults save
4 shut down remove power cord wait 5 min after that clear cmos from back panel (hold 5 sec down)
5 enter bios load again optimize defaults if you want you can do this several times for new bios update
6 save your settings again

maybe this can help

so far no problems here with this last bios 3201
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date

MirceaForce wrote:
I don't understand how come you have this problems I have same motheboard with QVL ram from asus and did update to bios 3201 and no problems at all did also test aida62 cpu z bench test with this config

have perform this steps before update bios:
1. load optimize defaults save before update bios
2.update bios using flash usb
3 after bios update complete load again optimize defaults save
4 shut down remove power cord wait 5 min after that clear cmos from back panel (hold 5 sec down)
5 enter bios load again optimize defaults if you want you can do this several times for new bios update
6 save your settings again

maybe this can help

so far no problems here with this last bios 3201

Thanks for the details. It's nice you are having no problems. I'm still on an earlier Bios, and myself and a lot of others are having trouble with high end AMD systems--not only Asus. If my R6EO has problems too (it now runs fine on 3105), then I am down two systems. I am currently using and trust only a near ten year old system with a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and have washed my hands of my new builds. Know that with 0802 a bunch of us had the same problem with our 9980xe CPU stuck at Turbo speeds and high temperatures.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

Super Gnome wrote:
Thanks for the details. It's nice you are having no problems. I'm still on an earlier Bios, and myself and a lot of others are having trouble with high end AMD systems--not only Asus. If my R6EO has problems too (it now runs fine on 3105), then I am down two systems. I am currently using and trust only a near ten year old system with a Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and have washed my hands of my new builds. Know that with 0802 a bunch of us had the same problem with our 9980xe CPU stuck at Turbo speeds and high temperatures.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

did you did those steps to reset bios ?
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date