cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI still loads default parameters

MPTraxx
Level 9
Hi,

I have Asus maximus x hero motherboard. I updated to version UEFI 2503 and changing some features. Still after update bios I nus enable Intel virtualisation technology because Asus disabling it always after each updating bios, and also changing csm to auto because bios always enabling it. And last is detect other os i change this UEFI only. I don't know why changing my parameters...

Now I have problem save it when I choose save and reset after next start (not restart PC) when turn on then loads default always why??? Bug? Please fix this.
6 REPLIES 6

MPTraxx
Level 9
? Nobody?

xeromist
Check the battery on the motherboard.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MPTraxx
Level 9
What do you mean? Remove an insert battery?
This situation I have always after update bios. Or version 2503 now always when turn on pc.

In bios I have changed manually CSM (Compatibility mode from enabled to auto), in secure boot I change something like that boot from other os to Windows uefi only, and last is enabling virtualization. That's all what I changing after every bios update because every update in bios loads default parameters.

xeromist
Motherboards use a CR2032 battery to save settings and keep time. If your settings are getting lost you may have a bad battery. If you don't have an appropriate battery tester then yes you could just swap in a brand new one and see if it makes any difference.

After a BIOS update you should clear your settings to default and reapply any specific settings you use. That's normal. If it's happening every time you restart and you have a good battery then you may want to try a different BIOS version as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MPTraxx
Level 9
Yes I know battery type. Today I bought battery and tried replace. Mud remove cooler noctua gpu also but I did it.
Turn on pc and I load default parameters... Then I just tried some settings enabled. Turn off pc and turn on everythings seems work fine.

Also I don't remove cord from the wall no more.. I set up aura led effects in bios when I turn off pc Al led effects are off. So no needed removing cord from wall.

But monitor Asus pg279q can't turn off automatically (lighting). I want that monitor turn off automatically with pc. How to? Because pc is off and monitor is in standby mode or something like that orange led light.

xeromist
Monitors will always go into standby mode. Perhaps the only option you have is a smart power strip. These have a master outlet and several slave outlets. When the master device is off the strip cuts power to the slave outlets.