cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0db Fan Strix OC 3090

fly4beer
Level 7
Hi,
Even after performing the BIOS update it's still not working correctly. The problem is with an idling desktop or just surfing, power draw is around 54W. 5120x1440p 240Hz. Temp is around 30 Celsius. Could Asus bump the power draw limit a bit more?

Cpt. Breitling
16 REPLIES 16

Chaosmann
Level 7
I had a similar problem. Temp not under 54 °C. Fans are always running. GPU and Memory Clock always high.

At some point I had played around in GPU Tweak II and must have clicked the "Always 3D Clock" button.
After deactivating that, everything returned to normal.

I'm running three Monitors. Two in FHD and one in WQHD.

pk1209
Level 8
Same issue for me... tried changing power setting to adaptive in nvidia control panel but no dice

0 db mode is working strangely on my 3090 OC. On my 32" BenQ 4K monitor sometimes fans will spin for a while by just watching 1080P YouTube video and will spin constantly watching 4K video, even if temperature is 30-32C.

I have updated my Strix Bios to latest and also I have adjusted power management mode to "Adaptive" which seem have better effect then "Optimum Power", yet, still acting this way.

I realize that there are spikes of power draw to 50-100W, but that is for 1-2 seconds, would be nice if Asus would extent the timings of such spikes e.g. 5 seconds or so before the sensor would detect it to avoid the fan spin, just so the next second fans have to stop.

Sorry, I have posted incorrect info, which I have deleted.

My above comment still applies

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

A further VBIOS update will be coming to address the fan threshold. Expect it to drop on the support pages within an ETA of a month's time.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thank you Silent Scone@ROG !

It did work for some time, unfortunately I'm plagued with issues agan.

Strix rtx3090 OC
Bios v2
GPUTweak V2.2.9.5
Nvidia 461.40

rtx3090 running on P Bios setting
Temp <30, Watt: <54
GPUTweak settings and results:

Gaming Mode
0db fan on: all fans run at at least 1000rpm never lower
0db fan off: fans go to 0rpm then short contineous bursts and back to 0

fly4beer wrote:
Thank you Silent Scone@ROG !

It did work for some time, unfortunately I'm plagued with issues agan.

Strix rtx3090 OC
Bios v2
GPUTweak V2.2.9.5
Nvidia 461.40

rtx3090 running on P Bios setting
Temp <30, Watt: <54
GPUTweak settings and results:

Gaming Mode
0db fan on: all fans run at at least 1000rpm never lower
0db fan off: fans go to 0rpm then short contineous bursts and back to 0

Â*I am also having trouble with the card. Brand new one. Â*The fans are constantly spining at 1000 RPM in idle mode. The clock speed is locked at 210mhz in idle but the power draw is 58w minimum with 120w spikes. https://imgur.com/a/QWMSBck The 0DB function does not work with this card so the fans always stay on. Taken from the ASUS site: https://preview.redd.it/lgbdmrqn5hd6...=webp&b6d81afc I have 2 monitors: \- Odyssey G7 1440p - 240hz \- Alienware 2518hf - 1080p - 120hz With only the G7 plugged in the idle draw is 48w. With only the Alienware plugged in the idle draw is 45w. I tried running multiple refresh rate combinations using these two monitors but to no avail. Whenever they are both plugged in, the card draws too much power and the fans keep spinning. I also tried a custom fan curve in Afterburner but that solution just make the fans stop and start constantly when going above 50c and below 50c.

can we get a bios update for this too on the 3080ti strix?
seems it was fixed on the 3080 and 3090 but 3080ti was left out i have the newest bios and it does it power usage as i type this is 55 watts fans at 1000 rpm

pk1209
Level 8
Nice one, thanks for the update