cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix OC 3090 RGB

fly4beer
Level 7
Hi,

are you guys able to get color gradients on the light bar? On my end only the default rainbow show color different colors at the same time. Using Aura Sync I only get the same color over the full lenght of the lightbar. (Rainbow, Pattern) There also seem no way to select the default rainbow.

Cpt. Breitling
18 REPLIES 18

simsim86
Level 7
you need armory crate for that. aura sync has only options with 1 color at a time over the whole lightbar.
I had armory crate installed for a day and deinstalled. its the worst software I have ever used, and I also used dragon center.

now I have the out of the box rainbow lightbar.

Aura sync doesn't work with 30xx series gpu as the previous comment might have suggested. You need either amoury crate or aura creator, however it seems like it currently just doesn't work. I have a strix 3080 and everytime I select rainbow it just defaults to colour cycle.

I mean in armoury crate, the functionality is still called Aura Sync, Aura effects.. It is still Aura sync and the same aura light service running in the background.
And using that I find now way to

a) select the default rainbow effect

b) no way to have different colors simultaneously

PhizzyPhil wrote:
Aura sync doesn't work with 30xx series gpu as the previous comment might have suggested. You need either amoury crate or aura creator, however it seems like it currently just doesn't work. I have a strix 3080 and everytime I select rainbow it just defaults to colour cycle.

thats not true, i used aura sync with my strix 3090 oc and it worked. but the effects you can choose from are really lackluster.

downloaded it here (asus aura sync 1.07.79_v2.1, the asus aura (graphics card) 0.0.6.7 doesnt work)
https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/asus-aura/

simsim86 wrote:
thats not true, i used aura sync with my strix 3090 oc and it worked. but the effects you can choose from are really lackluster.

downloaded it here (asus aura sync 1.07.79_v2.1, the asus aura (graphics card) 0.0.6.7 doesnt work)
https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/asus-aura/

Yes you are correct that software works as well. It is just strange because GPU tweak tells me my card isn´t compatible with Aura and on the support page for the 30xx series this software isn´t listed at all. I think they really want you to use amoury or aura creator. I tried out the software and it´s almost the same garbage as amoury crate. The card is only detected as VGA and the whole LED strip is one single zone, so there is no way to select multiple colours on here as well and as you said the effects are very lackluster, even more so than in the aura creator.

PhizzyPhil wrote:
Yes you are correct that software works as well. It is just strange because GPU tweak tells me my card isn´t compatible with Aura and on the support page for the 30xx series this software isn´t listed at all. I think they really want you to use amoury or aura creator. I tried out the software and it´s almost the same garbage as amoury crate. The card is only detected as VGA and the whole LED strip is one single zone, so there is no way to select multiple colours on here as well and as you said the effects are very lackluster, even more so than in the aura creator.

check out openRGB. its a software that lets you control all your rgb devices without filling your system with bloatware like armorycrate.

Undertoker
Level 9
Update your armoury crate dude*
You’ll notice it shows both the motherboard and then also the 3090 as well if it’s installed right

Armoury crate is always bloody buggy sadly so quite often I’d suggest uninstalling it totally and then reinstalling it from scratch
As a Strix 3090 oc owner I can tell you it does work and you can do a lot with the rgb using armoury crate, you don’t need the gpu aura software installing only the armoury crate and it will pick up the gbp and list it if it’s running properly *
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

Did you by chance solve your issue?

I would love to return to the original color gradient it came with, but even uninstalling armoury crate left it with the last settings applied.

Did someone figure out how to restore the original RGB mode?

I get the original gradient back after power off, switch off psu or remove cord, wait a minute before switching back on.