cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead / Stuck pixels in GX502LWS Laptops

Achala
Level 7
I bought two GX502LWS laptops about a week ago. The first laptop had 2 stuck pixels. The second laptop had one stuck pixel.

Both the laptops were replaced by the seller. But when I checked the replacement laptops, both the new replacement laptops also had one stuck pixel each.

The seller immediately took back the replacement laptops. He said he will be sending the laptops to the ASUS repair centre to replace the screens. (The seller’s policy is to do one-to-one replacement only once. So now the only thing he can do for me is to send the laptops to the service centre, to replace the screens)

I wonder if this is a known issue with Zephyrus GX502LWS (This issue was present in all the 4 laptops that I checked). If this is a known issue or an acceptable thing with this display panel I'm going to inform the ASUS service centre that there is no use of opening up my brand-new laptops to replace the panels. I would just keep laptops with those one suck pixel each, if replacing the display panels would not solve the issue.

However, if this was a known issue or an acceptable thing with this display panel, I have to say I am a bit disappointed considering the price of the product. The 300Hz display of this laptop is a key highlight for the hefty price. I have 3 old laptops at home (ASUS ROG, HP Spectre, Lenovo Thinkpad), none of them have even a single dead / stuck pixel.

2 REPLIES 2

Rstarck
Level 7
Hi @Achala before you send your laptop in service center make sure that whatever you saw on your screen is actually a dead pixel. you can check this on multi color site, The White Screen is used for testing the monitor and find out if there is a need for cleaning or not. The White screen is helpful to check all the dust, dirt, pixels whether stuck or dead, and some other artifacts.

fbajjar
Level 8
Achala wrote:
I bought two GX502LWS laptops about a week ago. The first laptop had 2 stuck pixels. The second laptop had one stuck pixel.

Both the laptops were replaced by the seller. But when I checked the replacement laptops, both the new replacement laptops also had one stuck pixel each.

The seller immediately took back the replacement laptops. He said he will be sending the laptops to the ASUS repair centre to replace the screens. (The seller’s policy is to do one-to-one replacement only once. So now the only thing he can do for me is to send the laptops to the service centre, to replace the screens)

I wonder if this is a known issue with Zephyrus GX502LWS (This issue was present in all the 4 laptops that I checked). If this is a known issue or an acceptable thing with this display panel I'm going to inform the ASUS service centre that there is no use of opening up my brand-new laptops to replace the panels. I would just keep laptops with those one suck pixel each, if replacing the display panels would not solve the issue.

However, if this was a known issue or an acceptable thing with this display panel, I have to say I am a bit disappointed considering the price of the product. The 300Hz display of this laptop is a key highlight for the hefty price. I have 3 old laptops at home (ASUS ROG, HP Spectre, Lenovo Thinkpad), none of them have even a single dead / stuck pixel.

i do remember reading on amazon reviews that this model did have bad QC on its display with different range of issues (but strangely not in the older 240hz sibling which i have and i verified this on three models, all perfect with no backlight bleeding nor dead/stuck pixels. I guess these 300hz displays were rushed out?)
Honestly try to return the laptop if the issue disturbs you (4 laptops in a row with the issue is already a bad QC sign) otherwise just be persistent with them and hopefully you'll get a good display.