cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatar help, does not display when posting in the forums

thunderrd
Level 7
Probably I'm missing something obvious, but for the life of me I can't get my avatar to display when posting. It is correct on my profile page, in jpeg format, under 1024x1024, so IDK what's wrong.

If I'm posting in the wrong area, mods please feel free to relocate this post.

Thanks for any information that helps 😉
20 REPLIES 20

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

You can change your avatar from the ASUS Portal. https://account.asus.com/info.aspx
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

You can change your avatar from the ASUS Portal. https://account.asus.com/info.aspx

Thanks for answering.

Yes, I know about that page as well, and the avatar displays there properly as well as on the forum profile page. What I do not understand is why nothing displays on my posts, in the area on the left side under my username, as yours does. I have tried several images, all meeting the requirements, and all of them fail to appear.

We understand many people are hoping to customize more of their personal content. Unfortunately, due to the implementation of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in Europe in 2018, we were forced to limit the amount of personal info displayed for privacy reasons. The whole structure of the forum had to undergo significant changes. This is not under our control, sorry.

thunderrd wrote:
Thanks for answering.

Yes, I know about that page as well, and the avatar displays there properly as well as on the forum profile page. What I do not understand is why nothing displays on my posts, in the area on the left side under my username, as yours does. I have tried several images, all meeting the requirements, and all of them fail to appear.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
We understand many people are hoping to customize more of their personal content. Unfortunately, due to the implementation of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in Europe in 2018, we were forced to limit the amount of personal info displayed for privacy reasons. The whole structure of the forum had to undergo significant changes. This is not under our control, sorry.

Lolz, so you are saying that it is no longer possible to display an avatar when posting on the forum because of this? That's amazing. It also sounds like a knee-jerk reaction of some sort.
I've been a member of this forum for more than 3 years, I just never entered an image into the profile page. It displays there, but not when posting.
But OK, if you say so 😉

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
As I mentioned, the whole structure of the forum needed to be changed, that's why the avatar upload feature migrated to the ASUS side. As far as I know, you should be able to upload an avatar, please try again. I've upgraded your account.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
As I mentioned, the whole structure of the forum needed to be changed, that's why the avatar upload feature migrated to the ASUS side. As far as I know, you should be able to upload an avatar, please try again. I've upgraded your account.

test post fails

EDIT: Thanks for staying with me on this, MasterC.

I've got no issues with going to another page to edit the avatar, but the link to edit it there seems to be broken.

When I go to my forum profile and click on 'change avatar' it redirects me to the asus.com page, as I expect. However, I see no way to edit the image there; when hovering over the image I see an 'edit' link, but it does nothing, does not spawn a window to select an image at all.

I have attached two screenshots to show you what happens.

thunderrd
Level 7

After some testing, it would appear that you will need to resize the picture as a 1024x1024 jpg file. It will not allow you save otherwise.

thunderrd wrote:

thunderrd
Level 7
The image I fed to the system was 1024x768, not exceeding 1024x1024. [ I believe I saw that in the instructions somewhere.]
The system accepted it, as you saw when you visited my user page.

Are you saying it must be *exactly* 1024x1024?