cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Gskill Ripjaw F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Retired
Not applicable
I have 24GB(6x4gb). The only way this will run at 1600 is if I let the board auto increment voltage which results in 1.8v which is probably too high for the memory and I ran into a BSOD when trying to restart. When I turn on XMP the system will not boot. When I try to set the voltage anywhere from 1.5-1.65 the computer will not boot. Does anyone have any experience with this board and RAM? Or have any thoughts on what the issue is?

On a side note. I put this RAM into the Asus Sabertooth x58, and it ran all 24gb at 1.5v at 1600....I also set the timings manually at 9-9-9-24 2n

I can get the ram to run at 1333 on the formula at 1.6v...
3 REPLIES 3

martin_metal_88
Level 8
This is a pretty usual situation when you have to much memory. The rampage 3 haven't been made for 4GB module density. So you need to push more voltage for the memory to run fine or to run it slower. Try 1333 or reduce memory. Anyway, unless you are doing some REALLY heavy CAD or rendering 24GB is simply useless. In the case you are doing these task, then a server class board with ECC memory would have been the best.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the response...I do find it strange that the exact same memory modules run perfectly at 1600 on stock voltage in the asus sabertooth...which is only a $200 board..

martin_metal_88
Level 8
yeah but the sabertooth have been design for 4GB stick since they came out after the R3F. A P6X would probably have the same issue and a P6T would have the same since sometime it was a pain to boot with 12GB XD.

If you are planning to OC, this should help to run the memory near it's 1600Mhz without adding lot of voltage. But I can't confirm that since it's not sure to work. Also, don't worry about it. In bench or thing like that you would notice a under 1% change in perf and in everyday use this number would go down to 0 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!