ROG Member Array

Thumbs up Detect Memory Boot Error since Bios 3006

Hi, i am using 2 Boards ... Strix and Deluxe X299.

Memory is HyperX 4266 4x8Gb is going fine with Bios 2002 with 3800 Mhz. Changing to Bios 3006 or higher i ALWAYS get the Detect Memory Error on Cold Boot.
    It is only working when i set the Memory Speed to 3000 Mhz, 3200 and above is failing with Cold Boot.

Is the any serious bug in 3xxx Bios ? I have no more idias ... i changed the timings, VCCSA, other Voltages, Fast Cold Boot and Memory Trainings and so on.
    Nothing working, the Board will not Start from Cold Boot first time. After i go to Bios i can ReStart with 3xxx Bios with 4000 Mhz.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cekeu PC Specs
    cekeu PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10920X
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core

Frankly I can only advise in this case to revert to BIOS 2002 which worked fine with your system using BIOS Flashback.

I had this similar problem with a first version R6E and I went back to the correct BIOS for my system.

It is not worth trying to update the BIOS if the system is already working well and is stable. Many users have similar problems because of absolutely wanting to use the latest BIOS

ROG Enthusiast Array thr23 PC Specs
    thr23 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7820X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4, 4x16GB, 3600MHz (F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2WD Red 10TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D9L
    CaseIn-Win 805 Red
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower iRGB PLUS 1250W Titanium

seconded. you can probably make it work somehow with the new BIOS by playing around with the settings (lower boot BLCK, disable RAM training etc.), but the result will probably be worse (slow or unstable RAM) than what you get by using the default XMP profile in 2002.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cekeu View Post
    Frankly I can only advise in this case to revert to BIOS 2002 which worked fine with your system using BIOS Flashback.

I had this similar problem with a first version R6E and I went back to the correct BIOS for my system.

It is not worth trying to update the BIOS if the system is already working well and is stable. Many users have similar problems because of absolutely wanting to use the latest BIOS
    What is the correct BIOS for first version R6E with 7940x? Thanks.
    Last edited by GTi-6; 11-16-2020 at 09:52 AM.