cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 3080 Rainbow effect broken

PhizzyPhil
Level 7
Almsot all effects availible on amoury crate default to colour cycle. There is no way for me to choose multiple colours excpet for unpluging my psu for a while and starting up again (so that the card resets and uses the default effect)

Is there a known fix for this?
9 REPLIES 9

Al3xG
Level 9
I confirm that color effects of strix 3080 reset after PSU switch off and the card uses default rainbow effect. You should manually change color preset using armory crate each time.

Al3xG wrote:
I confirm that color effects of strix 3080 reset after PSU switch off and the card uses default rainbow effect. You should manually change color preset using armory crate each time.

Same with Strix 3090, I have it for quite a while now and it's driving me nuts, cant set up NOTHING, it reverts to this dum static effects everytime I reboot.
Also gives you an error if you try to save profile to on-board storage.

szoterr wrote:
Same with Strix 3090, I have it for quite a while now and it's driving me nuts, cant set up NOTHING, it reverts to this dum static effects everytime I reboot.

Were you able to set up multiple colours at once? (except the default rainbow effect)

szoterr wrote:

Same problem, my Strix 3080 resets to static red LED after reboot, and I need to manually set it to rainbow. It's driving me nuts.

Why is this still not fixed for so long? I just tried to use armoury crate, to control my strix 3090 RGB, and this time I made a new profile.. I didn't even have to restart the PC, after 2 minutes, the armoury crate lost the profile I created, and it's back to PROFILE 1, flashing RED.... It's driving me NUTS..
Come now, is it so hard? IF IT IS then DONT PUT "AURA COMPATIBLE" on the damn BOX and advertise it as such.. when even after months it still doesn't work

any news ? support cant help me

Undertoker
Level 9
Un install armoury totally and reinstall it
*It does work well for me but it is historically buggy software
Get a download of the latest version and uninstall it and then reinstall from scratch *
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

Undertoker wrote:
Un install armoury totally and reinstall it
*It does work well for me but it is historically buggy software
Get a download of the latest version and uninstall it and then reinstall from scratch *

The software works okay. I have a clean install off windows running. There is still no way to choose multiple colours/colour gradient except for the default rainbow effect. Many people are having the same problem right now.

PhizzyPhil wrote:
The software works okay. I have a clean install off windows running. There is still no way to choose multiple colours/colour gradient except for the default rainbow effect. Many people are having the same problem right now.

The software currently works on my rog z390 i9900k build....software is beyond ****ed up on my new x570 5900x build