ROG Member Array

I fixed the PGG27UQ Fan noise...

After using the monitor for close to a year, it has gotten to the point where the fans speed up and slow down constantly. My monitor is perfect, no backlight bleed or dead pixels so instead of submitting for an RMA and getting another panel. I decided to see if there was dust in the fan that I could clean up, so I took off the back panel.

Nope, fan is dust free.. So I took off the Gsync module and disassembled the fan.

Why did ASUS use poor quality thermal paste? It literally peeled off like a sticker and did not *have any type of consistenc whatsoever nor was it completely covering the chip... It was dried up.. My Monitor has a build date of August 2019 so its a little over a year old.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	664.4 KB 
ID:	86846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	590.9 KB 
ID:	86847

I put some noctua thermal paste and spread it evenly on the chip itself and then put a dot of it in the center for good measure. Using the monitor as I type this for the past 6 hours, the fan is quiet now. I kind of forgot how quiet it used to be.
    Last edited by TrevorR; 11-15-2020 at 02:11 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

Hello, nice job mate! My fans on the same LCD gone a little wild so I used RMA and they clean out all dust and fans are now silent, but your way is so good too.
    Can you provide more pictures of disassembly back plastic plate and G-sync module? I was wondering about how to remove too but I was so afraid of damagind these covers.

Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Nice work.

https://pcper.com/2018/06/asus-rog-s...n-the-desktop/

This article has some teardown shots of the insides. I'm interested in doing the same with my PG35VQ, not sure what the differences are inside but I imagine the G-Sync module is largely the same. I wonder if changing out the fans helps too? Looks like they are mini-PWM headers for both the top (intake I think?) and the exhaust over the heatsink.