cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair hero viii dynamic oc switcher????

steverebo
Level 8
I was wondering if the dynamic oc switcher will be coming to the crosshair hero viii as its a fantastic feature that should be available for all 5000 series motherboards. Like a lot of people I purchased my motherboard at the same time as my cpu and will be really peeved if this is limited to just the dark as it appears to be a bios option and not hardware
10 REPLIES 10

BillBittel
Level 12
I hope so because if I can't get a Dark Hero by the time I manage to get a 5900X and whatever GPU I end up with, I will fall back and just get the regular Hero (prolly WIFI). It is an insane time to try to build a machine. Decade busting advances in CPUs and GPUs, Pandemic, demand through the roof for everything new tech, and bots taking over e-commerce.

Ah 2020. At least I don;t have COVID (yet)...

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
steverebo wrote:
I was wondering if the dynamic oc switcher will be coming to the crosshair hero viii as its a fantastic feature that should be available for all 5000 series motherboards. Like a lot of people I purchased my motherboard at the same time as my cpu and will be really peeved if this is limited to just the dark as it appears to be a bios option and not hardware

Hello, the dynamic OC feature required PCB changes and will unfortunately not be finding its way to older boards.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, the dynamic OC feature required PCB changes and will unfortunately not be finding its way to older boards.

guess i gotta return this ch8 when i get my hands on a dark hero.... good thing for these extended returns at microcenter

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:

Can you explain little more deeply, what is actually different, I mean looking specifications they appear fairly equal. I'm not saying there isnt change which allows this feature to be working on DARK HERO vs older HERO's but maybe some inventive BIOS change or software addin to monitor switching states, might be able to get simular results for the older CH8.

I would be interested in the detail if you are able to share even if won't work on the older boards.

Would ASUS consider upgrade path for us with older boards that would like to upgrade, even ?

edit: Another Point, Is this paper launch becuase the is ZERO supply into Australia ?
and is this same thing, becuase kinda sounds like it https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-introduces-precision-boost-overdrive-2-boosts-single-thread-tr...

steverebo
Level 8
I'm confused then, why release a new board with features designed for the 5000 series after the 5000 series has launch and most people have purchased x570 boards to go with them

I am now stuck the the standard x570 hero without this feature that I purchased a week ago as I have now installed the cpu and opened packaging if I had known asus would be releasing a new board I would have gone for the dark instead. Very disappointing

steverebo wrote:
I'm confused then, why release a new board with features designed for the 5000 series after the 5000 series has launch and most people have purchased x570 boards to go with them

I am now stuck the the standard x570 hero without this feature that I purchased a week ago as I have now installed the cpu and opened packaging if I had known asus would be releasing a new board I would have gone for the dark instead. Very disappointing

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand the question if there was one. The CH8 Hero is not a new board. If changes are required in order to facilitate new features, this is something that cannot be avoided. Refresh boards often have intuative features as platforms and architectures mature. The Dark Hero was unveiled around the time AMD's NDA lifted, so it all depends if you were willing to wait or not.

I am cofused,if I read that it work with our MB
https://www.techarp.com/computer/amd-smart-access-memory/

DengMOo wrote:
I am cofused,if I read that it work with our MB
https://www.techarp.com/computer/amd-smart-access-memory/

You are confusing another feature entirely. Smart Access Memory has absolutely nothing to do with the Dynamic OC Switching on the Dark Hero.

Dawidowski
Level 7
They just want us to spend more money on new boards... because they know people will buy it.
And while it has a rog mark on it they take 300 bucks premium on top just to justfiy a **** logo