cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z490-A Gaming Motherboard BIOS problem.

viper2440880
Level 7
Hey Guys any help will be very much appreciated.

I recently built my PC 6 weeks ago. Everything was initially fine; no crashes, no memtest errors, no blue screens. Not until I upgraded my bios version to 0707(latest version that time). This is when I start getting blue screens, game crashes, random computer freezing that happens quite frequently while gaming. I did memtest86 multiple times, it all show errors when I seat a ram stick on either slot A1 or B1. However when both slot A1 and B1 is empty, my pc works perfectly fine - no errors on memtest, no crashes and no freezing. I have to downgrade my bios version to the first version which is 0403 - This is when everything start working perfectly fine again. I wouldn't mind using this BIOS version, however I have to utilize iGPU multi monitor setting(for rendering purposes) which is not available on this bios version. I tried updating my bios to the latest 0804 - the problem became worse, my computer wouldn't even boot up if using all ram slots. I tried all other available bios versions - same results: no boot up. One work around I found was to only use 2 ram sticks on slot A2 and B2 - however I want to fully utilize all my ram sticks for performance and aesthetic purposes.

To sum it up:
Bios version 0403 - everything works fine
Bios version 0707 - blue screens, freezing and game crashes when using ram slot A1 and B1
Bios version 0607 and 0804(latest) - no boot up when using ram slot A1 and B1

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX z490-A Gaming
RAM: Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver 8gb x 4 pcs 3600mhz
3 REPLIES 3

viper2440880
Level 7
I regret buying this product. The support this is useless, just asking me to RMA the product. This is already my 2nd RMA yet the same issue persist. I'm going to return every ROG product I have for a refund and buy from another brand instead.

[
I have had Z390e gaming and now a Z490e Gaming ROG STRIX, and I have had a couple of RMA. THey don't have anyone in their CS Dept that even knows what a computer is much less how to set one up or troubleshoot it. The only reason I even got my RMA's was because I screamed my head off, and wrote the CEO's office.

QUOTE=viper2440880;820095]I regret buying this product. The support this is useless, just asking me to RMA the product. This is already my 2nd RMA yet the same issue persist. I'm going to return every ROG product I have for a refund and buy from another brand instead.

Undertoker
Level 9
Sad to see there is no support*
RMA it *
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU